Article Awkward Encounters with Fellow EXO-Ls

Discussion in 'News & Discussion' started by ravyeolii, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ravyeolii

ravyeolii Casual Fan

EXO Supremacist™
    my head is stuck up EXO’s asses way up high
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    It has been forever since I posted something here, but something that I found quite eventful happened tonight (29/12/17) that I thought you all should know.
    I also know that this is under the News and Discussions categories but you know, it’s a discussion am I right?
    Let’s get this straight. I am from Melbourne Australia, more particularly located around the city and western suburbs, so hopefully things will make sense throughout the course of this ‘encounter’ to those who happen to be from Australia and also stan EXO.
    My mum and I went to Highpoint, (a massive shopping centre) as it opens up until 9 pm due to the school holidays and the massive sales leftover from Christmas and Boxing Day.
    Walking around, we needed to go and buy gifts for my younger and older cousins, so we just happen to be passing Peter Alexander (the all time best pyjama shop ever~), where they too, had massive sales.
    Browsing around, I happened to split off and look at some pyjamas for myself as my mum went looking for the intended people we were shopping for.
    I was enjoying the sensation of the overpriced silk pyjama set until a lady (about 20-23 maybe?) with patchy blonde/platinum/lavender loosely braided hair, a reflective rainbow bag, black t-shirt that had the words ‘BOY’ across the front and off white high waisted fancy ass pants came up next to me browsing, like any other normal shopper would.
    At first I paid absolutely no attention to her. That was until I had a closer look at her bag.
    When I did, my eyes first went to the bag tag that hung off of the handles that sat on her right shoulder. (I am a very observant person, let me live.)
    And holy fuck I swear I smudged the mascara I was wearing due to the amount of times I’ve rubbed my eyes to confirm what I actually saw.
    It was a yellow and black bag tag that was from The Exo'luxion.
    Now, Highpoint was a place full of white people. If not, whitewashed Asians were also common. I myself, am a partly white washed Asian. I literally go to a white school. So it’s normal for me to be the only one in this K-Pop game and for EXO to be my ultimate bias group. Otherwise, the people who are also into K-Pop, most likely stan BTS, not that it’s a bad thing, but you know...
    But to see someone who stans K-Pop, more particularly and specifically EXO, I think I died a little inside.
    My eyes trailed over to the rest of her bag.
    A glittery X keychain, with ‘XIUMIN’ going downward across the X.
    And of course, the reflective rainbow bag, with ‘CBX’ in a small, but readable print towards the middle top of this rainbow bag.
    I now had confirmed in my head, that this 20 or 23 year old lady went to The Exo'luxion Global Package and EXO-CBX’s Japanese Debut Colourful BoX showcase. Lucky bitch.
    By now, I’ve been brainstorming ways to somehow hint that I too, have an unhealthy obsession with EXO.
    Do I say “Chogiscuse me” to get to a random set of pyjamas as an awkward attempt to make it subtle? Do I come up next to her and say “So I see your a Xiumin stan. Good on you, he is extremely underrated and deserves the world.”?
    I spot on the table the Peter Alexander Kellogg’s collection. Cereal print on cotton shorts to sleep in. Brilliant idea. Bravo Peter,
    Anyone ever had Coco pops? They’re my favourite cereal. But I’m always misreading them ever since EXO’s 4th album came out this year,
    These coco pop pyjama shorts also just happened to be on this very table closest to us. This alone screams a perfect opportunity to not only make it subtle, but also make it really punny in the process. I could just shout out to my mum busy picking out the clothes “HEY MUM, LOOK! THEY HAVE KOKO BOP- I MEAN COCO POP SHORTS!!”
    That was it. The perfect way to hint that I drool over 9 Asian men that happen to sing and dance really fucking well.
    It would’ve went so well and hilarious, if I wasn’t so fucking slow and awkward. It would’ve been easier if the lady was somewhat my age, or even a teenager.
    But she was 20 or 23. Meaning that she probably won’t get my joke. Or even laugh at my shitty humour, maybe the pun would just fly over her head. I don’t know, I’m only 14 for Christ’s sake.
    I kept delaying my decision to make my presence known. God, it would just be some much easer if I was wearing either the EXO hoodie or t-shirt, both from their concert. (Actually, I got it off eBay, but that’s besides the point) that I got for my birthday this year and least year.
    This lady, clad in EXO merch moves to another side of the shop. I awkwardly follow after her, but kept a reasonable distance and picked up another random thing, which happed to be men’s boxers with The Avengers all across the crochet and butt area.
    She moves again. I move too but opposite to her.
    I gotta do it now, Mum’s about to pay. Fuck! You idiot! Say something! Anything! Even chogiwa for fucks sake!
    And mum finishes paying, only to drag me out the shop.
    On out way out, I whisper shouted quickly , hoping that the lady would hear, “Mum! There’s another EXO-ℓ in there! With the rainbow bag!!”
    Mum’s head whipped around trying to see but gave up trying after three seconds to explain what she got for my cousins.
    For the rest of the time we were shopping, I have t deep and utter regret that I didn’t say anything. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. If I had said something, we could’ve been friends by now. Asking her what it’s like to see them live. Was it the same behind the screen? No. The answer will forever be no. They are even more ridiculously handsome live and I have never even been to any of their concerts.

The takeaway from this storytime is to don’t chicken away from making new potential friends. Being into the same group already creates this foundation, so it’d be so much easier to break the ice, rather than meeting different people from scratch.
    The amount of regret I felt after walking away from the shop ate me up. Sounds dramatic, but what do you expect? Xiumin is a fine man, and I need to be constantly talking about him to relieve the pent up sexual and non sexual frustrations. He’s not even my bias!

So, as this is a new thread, share your experiences! Has anything like this happened to you before? I’d love to read and see how crazy a single experience can be!

And to the lady who was found at Peter Alexander with the EXO merch. I was the one in the navy blue top and ripped white skinny jeans with the tan Mimco bag. I’m sorry if I creeped you out by awkwardly following you around the shop. I was meant to at least say hi!

2. Ada_enfuite

Ada_enfuite I was dreaming, my head was elsewhere

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Your post reminded me of something that happened to me more than a year ago...It wasn't really awkward I was just so surprised.

I was waiting for the streetlight to change so I could get to the other side of the road when I saw that one of the people waiting to cross to my side was a guy in a hoodie from the Heart Attack VCR. First few thoughts: Is that really a hoodie from the VCR? I didn't know that was available for purchase! Is it real or commissioned ? Who wore that design?, And then: He's a guy, early 20s maybe , we're going in opposite directions...what do I do?

All right, so I also didn't talk to him. At that time, it would have been awkward for me to talk to other people about EXO, let alone a guy who actually bought merch. (This trip down memory lane got me to check ebay and yeah...the Sweatshirt with pants is available and ships from China...)

3. Xiuxiuminnie

EXO-L
    Putting songs to EXO performances via Tubedubber
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The War: Power of MusicRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Monodrama (Lay)Crush U (EXO-CBX)Lotto (Chinese Ver.)Girls (EXO-CBX)Hey Mama! (EXO-CBX)
    I have that hoodie from this Christmas. Not the pants. /princesssuho

4. littlesheep

littlesheep Diehard Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    About a month ago I was on the bus and I was half asleep listening to miracles in december and then I opened my eyes when the bus stopped. This girl who I've seen on the bus a couple of times turned around and she was wearing a shirt that said exo in the front. I thought I was seeing things at first but no she was really wearing an exo shirt. But she got off the bus before I had any time to react. It's so weird cause I've seen her many times and I actually kind of know her sister cause she's a friend of a friend or something like that /laylaugh How random I never would've thought she's an exo-l

5. Saracolli97

Saracolli97 Exo supermacist

Chen Supermacist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    GrowlMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)MAMA (EXO-M)Miracles in December (Chinese Ver.)Love Me Right (Chinese Ver.)Years (Chen x Alesso)EX'ACT (Chinese Ver.)
    I’ve seen people in my school wearing their exoluxion sweatshirts from the heart attack vcrs but it’s been a while since I actually seen someone wearing any exo merch

Ada_enfuite, Fireandice, hela and 2 others like this.
  6. B-loved

B-loved Baekhyun appa's baby girl

Worshiping Baekhyun's existence
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    Two years ago, I got the notif that my lmr album was already at my city so I had to go pick it. I was waiting for the bus and I was so excited. So I was talking to my friend and this other girl heard us, I guess, because she kept looking at me and then she started playing what if and I might have scared her. I was very very excited and I told her "are you trying to torture me?" and oh god, it was embarrassing, she just laughed and the bus arrived. I never saw her again.

This year I met a shawol-l?

My sister's friend invited her to her brother's band show at the cafe around the corner. When I got home I called her and she told me I should go join them. So, we drank coffee, listened to music, talked, her friend was quite nice. I kind of stalked her later because I liked one of the guys in the band and he happened to be her cousin, and I realised her facebook wallpaper was a kokobop fanart and I went like "why didn't you tell me your friend liked exo?" to my sister and she was like "I knew she liked some korean group but I didn't know which". To be fair, her friend likes shinee the best but she had kokobop as her wallpaper, there's no excuse! My sister lives with me! She has listened to the song a thousand times! Apparently, her friend had the same reaction the next day as I sent her a friend request and asked her why she hadn't told her I was an exo-l. She was like "how did I get involves in this?" lol

7. hela

hela EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    INDEED OMG IM BURNING WITH JEALOUSY

/kailol

uhm excuse me even us OLD PEOPLE have humor ok

you're so cute i want to hug you a pinch your cheeks
    /kaicute

same and at least you live in Australia they went to kcon there !!! not a chance in my hole in the ground of a country !!!!!

/kailol/kailol

uhm yeah i dont have any encounters. i should really buy some merch and come out of the closet

8. B-loved

B-loved Baekhyun appa's baby girl

Worshiping Baekhyun's existence
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    /kailol some of us are even cheesier than the younger fellows /trappedsoo

/kailol

9. HOMEWRECKER

HOMEWRECKER Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I've never had any encounters with other EXO-Ls on the street, but back in 2016, when I was still in uni, I discovered a Chanyeol and a Lay stan in the same group as me. I also saw a girl who had a Kai wallpaper when I went to retake an exam. I attended uni for almost 2 years thinking I was the only EXO fan there, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover others who like them as well.

Ada_enfuite, hela, B-loved and 2 others like this.
  10. KAIisGodbutsometimesaBear

exo's for life
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho's SignatureLay's Signature
    my encounter went well kinda. me and my friend went to transfer money for UNIVERSE G.O. in a bank. there was this another girl there. my friend saw a badge on her bag but we couldn't see clearly. we were waiting for our turn, that girl rushed up to the counter. she passed and we saw the badge. turns out it was the MAMA badge. the two of us nearly screamed but we were in a bank so we held in. we were debating whether to talk or not. but right after her was our turn. on the way we passed e/o but she had a sad face on and head down. turns out the account we had to transfer the money was not fully registered so we couldn't deposit the money. we were on a loss on what to do so we went back to the lobby and that girl was there trying to call someone. i BRAVELY went to her and showed the slip to her face. her eyes turned huge. she was shooked it was so funny. she said, "EXO's album?" we went YESSS. then we laughed for a full minute. but we had problems to take care of. we tried to reach the owner of the bank account, whom she was trying to call earlier. the owner messaged us that she'd fix the account so we could transfer money the next day. we stood there awkwardly then my friend asked her if she watched the teasers. after that the three of us were going crazy on the middle of the lobby talking about the boys. it was really nice talking to her. she was apparently a new EXO-L post FOR LIFE. she really wished to see Yixing with the other members on one stage because she haven't witnessed it live till now, she seemed really sad talking about Yixing. (it was the same day Yixing posted the pic with CBX but that was after our encounter) for a new L, she knew pretty much everything about EXO so we were pleasantly surprised. we talked about the MSnake and MelMu awards. she said that her heart broke after seeing Chanyeol cry and everything that went on that day. we shitted Msnake and antis lol, on the middle of the lobby. turns out she beacme an L through antis' comments. she found some other group before EXO and while watching their mv, she found really bad comments about EXO from antis like how their music was shit and all so she decided to check out EXO. she had been an EXO-L ever since. the way she talked was really amusing. she was so excited beacuse she never met other Ls in real life. she was like "its a relief i have a job now so i can buy their albums, i can't ask from my parents". we kept talking for like an hour about EXO's greatness/taoyay i'm glad i met her

minisis, itsaurara, ravyeolii and 4 others like this.
  11. hela

hela EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    ↑↑↑
    that's such a sweet story !! and yeah i've seen people on the internet say that all the hate comments made them check out exo's music and they ended up liking it a lot
    so haters can keep hatin lol /pleasedsoo

minisis, ravyeolii and Ada_enfuite like this.
  12. Hyunee_ryong

Hyunee_ryong Casual Fan

I am mongryong's step mom
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    OMG! im 14 years old too and i always experience this. ALWAYS. im rlly awkward with people in real life and idk what to do. i always find exo-ls in bad timing. whether when im with my family ( which is pretty embarassing - for my opinion - to come up to the girl and say hi while my family looking at us from a long distance ) or im alone. I always find someone with exo hoodies or some even brought the lightstick ( this happen when exo came to my country and i didn't watch the concert, so i strolled around the mall ). i just wanna say hi but im awkward af. I once followed a girl around the shop like a weirdo while humming kokobop but i guess ( since im awkward ) i didnt want to take the risk so my humming wasnt loud. In fact, it sounds more like i chocked so i can't blame her if she thought i was some kind of creep :/

ravyeolii likes this.
  13. nahul

nahul Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I don't know many exo-ls irl apart from a schoolmate, so it's always a bit of a shock to find people who are interested in EXO. (Most are BTS fans around me, or they only know PSY/2NE1/BIGBANG)

I was with my mum shopping for groceries a couple of days ago and my younger sister saw a person wearing an EXO jumper and she tugged my shoulder then pointed at her, which I was confused about. So she then shouted (really loudly), "Look! That girl has an exo jumper!" as we walked past her.
    Thankfully, the girl had earphones in but I think I died of embarrassment jdhgfjhdg

ravyeolii likes this.
  14. 13elievingFaith

13elievingFaith Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    So I live in Northern California and while it's not rare to know people in the k-pop community in real life as well (several of my friends have finally succumbed to the beauty of k-entertainment after years!!!!), it is quite rare to find one who stans EXO specifically and even more rare to find someone who actually wears the merchandise out. So it was really really great when one day (probably sometime last year) when I was shopping in Hallmark and I find another Eri wearing an EXO'lution t-shirt! I was so startled and so so happy to know that someone living in my area that I couldn't help but stare, and I debated whether or not to say anything but in the end I couldn't pass up the chance so when I walked by her on my way out, I smiled and told her I loved her shirt!!!! She looked a bit startled but I think she was also quite happy that I complimented her and said something, so my point is, my lovely Eris, don't be afraid to say hi to one another when you're out and about!!!

ravyeolii likes this.
  15. 13elievingFaith

13elievingFaith Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    So I live in Northern California and while it's not rare to know people in the k-pop community in real life as well (several of my friends have finally succumbed to the beauty of k-entertainment after years!!!!), it is quite rare to find one who stans EXO specifically and even more rare to find someone who actually wears the merchandise out. So it was really really great when one day (probably sometime last year) when I was shopping in Hallmark and I find another Eri wearing an EXO'lution t-shirt! I was so startled and so so happy to know that someone living in my area that I couldn't help but stare, and I debated whether or not to say anything but in the end I couldn't pass up the chance so when I walked by her on my way out, I smiled and told her I loved her shirt!!!! She looked a bit startled but I think she was also quite happy that I complimented her and said something, so my point is, my lovely Eris, don't be afraid to say hi to one another when you're out and about!!!