Trans Baekhyun's Maturity that Embraces Even Antis

Discussion in 'Aeriverse Translations' started by YeyeWalkways, Jan 2, 2018.

1. YeyeWalkways

YeyeWalkways Translator
    Translator

programmer in training
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    LottoDancing King (EXO x Yoo Jae Suk)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)Baekhyun's SignatureGrowlHey Mama! (EXO-CBX)Beautiful (Baekhyun)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)
    [​IMG]
    Aeriverse Translation Team
    YeyeWalkways

Sorry again as always for the long absence
    I've been in a slump lately but these events have just made my blood boil
    I can't sit back and do nothing haha ^^;;;;;

[DAUM] The Unfair Controversy Regarding Depression... Baekhyun's Maturity that Embraces Anti's

[​IMG]

Baekhyun from the group EXO has shown a mature side of him that embraces even "anti-fans".

Intending to give healing to one fan at a fansign on the 30th, Baekhyun made a comment about depression, receiving attacks from a portion of his "anti-fans" as a result. One of his comments, "If I were to give my opinion, I don't understand why people get depression or insomnia. I'm not criticizing those things", was edited and spread without including any of the context surrounding the statement. This resulted in unfair reactions from those not knowing the circumstances the comment was made in.

The netizen who first shared the comment with the online world has come forward protecting Baekhyun by saying, "Baekhyun was saying that he does not understand why people get depression or insomnia, there was no nuance indicating that he was looking down on depression or insomnia. He said, 'you should always be happy, it's no good if you are depressed' with a very sombre sad expression, with the nuance that I shouldn't give into or lose to these conditions easily. It is a comment that gave me strength and I received a lot of comfort while talking with Baekhyun, so I posted his comments to provide comfort to those who are similar to me. I don't know where the misunderstanding has started, I am upset and hurt by this."

Even though something that originally shouldn't have been a controversy became one, Baekhyun has approached the incident with maturity. On the 2nd, he uploaded a post on his social media apologizing for the comment:

"To be honest, recently I have a lot of fear and sensitivity about depression. But at that place, as that fan and I were sharing a lot of conversation I became so worried and suddenly I became scared. A fan that I wanted to give happiness to had come to this fansign that should be filled with joy and began sharing these stories with me, so I took it very seriously to heart. I had the thought that after the fansign is over and we separate I may never be able to speak with her again, so I think I was very hasty. I wanted to give her even just one more word of encouragement, and since she said she liked me I thought that I had the ability to give her lots of strength, and I felt that I had to say something quickly to her that day. After speaking with that fan, I was overcome with these thoughts until the end of the fansign".

"That is why I told that fan as well as all the other fans at that place that if they are depressed or they have difficult times, EXO and other good people are by their side, in order to give them strength. While doing so, there was a part that I spoke of too lightly. I didn't have the ability to organize my thoughts and word them appropriately in such a short time, and spoke clumsily as a result. I regret choosing those comments, those words at that moment. I truly just wanted to give support and strength."

"Even while writing this post, I am scared that I will make another mistake in my words. But I want to apologize from the bottom of my heart. I am sorry to that fan, and I wish to apologize to everyone who had been hurt by my words. From now on, I will be become a Baekhyun that speaks and acts with more caution."

There is nothing that Baekhyun has done wrong to cause this "controversy". All he did was say words of encouragement in a sincere effort to comfort a fan, but it was twisted and in the end he had to apologize. However, in his apology he did not try to make excuses. Rather, he even repeated that he was sorry and vowed to act and speak with more caution in the future. Baekhyun, who is mature enough to embrace even his "antis", you did well and you are admirable.

Post Response: [+13956]

Top Comments:
    (t\n: this post is still getting lots of attention as I translate this so post up/downvotes are probably higher than what I've put here)

"Baekhyun, you know my heart" [+5101][-62]

"Baekhyun I'll always love you and support you" [+4941][-47]

"I was comforted a lot by the words you said, I can't imagine how you must have felt writing that post.... I'll always support you, I love you" [+4798][-48]

"Baekhyun is always warm" [+3264][-20]

"I wonder where is the place that you can rely on (for support). Fans rely on EXO, and I am just one fan amongst the huge crowd of EXO-Ls, but to you who are standing in front of us, where can you go for support? 'When you are having a difficult time, hold tightly onto the hands of those eight people' is what I want to say, but the fact that there is only eight people makes me so sad" [+3032][-16]

"To those who approached Baekhyun with condemnation and mockery instead of criticism, I hope that those things come back to you like a boomerang. Baekhyun I love you, you really are going through a rough time emotionally, from now on I hope that EXO and EXO-Ls only walk on a flowery path and are happy, saranghaja" [+2961][-18]

"Baekhyun we know about your sincerity, instead I'm worried about the hurt that you've received. I love you Byun Baekhyun!!!! I'll always love you!!!!" [+2772][-14]

"Of course we all know about Baekhyun's beautiful heart ~~ I'll always support you and protect you, I love you Baekhyun" [+2675][-14]

"Baekhyun you are my universe" [+2565][-14]

"Baekhyun please don't forget that I am always happy because of you, it's okay, it's okay, Baekhyun I'll always be your fan" [+2449][-12]

2. sehuntheism

sehuntheism Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    thank you for translating!! ^^

3. Posy

Posy Aeri
    Donor

EXO-L's resident alcoholic stalker
    Chanyeol's bunk bed, chilling with Rilakkuma
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Thank you for the translation, I have been so saddened by this, but this makes me feel a little better, I hope original OP and Baekhyun are okay!

our hyuneemoon and YeyeWalkways like this.
  4. baekholic92

baekholic92 Diehard Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Baekhyun, you're always mature. I hope you're doing well. You and that beautiful Eri knows that you both did nothing wrong.
    We trust you, we love you.

our hyuneemoon and Marlene like this.
  5. Exoℓover

Exoℓover 찬열 Stan ❤️
    Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Dancing King (EXO x Yoo Jae Suk)Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)EXODUSEX'ACT
    Thank you for taking the time to translate

our hyuneemoon likes this.
  6. Nugu Vivi

Nugu Vivi Thє ℓʋηα Divineɾ

Mother of 24 kids™
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)EX'ACTEXODUSXOXO
    Thank you for translating all this

7. Rillune

Rillune Chanyeol's Twenty Four

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTLove Me RightLose Control (Lay)Hey Mama! (EXO-CBX)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)Tell Me (What Is Love) (D.O. x Yoo Young Jin)Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)D.O.'s Signature
    Thank you for translating. Everything is hopefully getting better soon.

8. artificialover

artificialover Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EXODUSRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    my poor baby :( he didn't need to apologize, he did nothing wrong, he meant no harm.
    what he said was blown out of proportion by antis who were trying to make him seem like a bad person.
    i really feel terrible i hope he's doing okay.
    we have to let him know that we love and support him, please leave him nice comments on his insta and let him know that we love and support him forever.

9. yeoℓℓing

yeoℓℓing Chanyeol's mom fan

PCY's stressed-out mom
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    God how do I fucking trade my life for Byun Baekhyun to ensure that he’ll never have a reason to feel troubled over thoughtless rumors created by some fucking scumbags ever again

10. PrideInBaek

PrideInBaek Baekhyun's Princess

Loving Baekhyun
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Nice to see positive comments with many upvotes. Hopefully things will be cleared now.
    Thank you for the translation /happyxiu

11. Brighteyesinthegalaxy

Brighteyesinthegalaxy ♥Sehun's Soft Kitty♥ ~(=^‥^)_

* . *molly land daydreaming * . *
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    MAMA (EXO-K)Sing For YouComing OverLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~
    cant wait for future president byun to have antis shaking in fear /baekfab/baekfab

12. Sully

Sully Queen of the Kitty Clan

Xiumin stan
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTEXODUSGrowlOverdose (EXO-K)The WarThe War: Power of MusicXiumin's SignatureHey Mama! (EXO-CBX)
    I love this! Thank you for translating it! It's nice to see something on the Korean side that's explaining things.

13. Ratatatata

Ratatatata Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Really... thank you for translating this. Thank you.

14. baekholic92

baekholic92 Diehard Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    OMG I forgot the most crucial part,
    Thank you for translating this article. Thank you for translating it properly. Thank you so much!

YeyeWalkways and our hyuneemoon like this.
  15. mommytoninekids

mommytoninekids Casual Fan

student who actually don't study
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    thank you for translating this~

16. Mari

Mari Aeri

Baek's Aeri (◠▽◠ )
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    For You (EXO-CBX)Beautiful (Baekhyun)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Baekhyun's SignatureEX'ACTEXODUSGrowl
    Thank you for this /baekcri

17. lueur

lueur ✧・: *✧*에리*✧*:・✧

going crazysus enthusiast™
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sehun (Monster)Luhan's SignatureReloaded (Luhan)Xperience (Luhan)Xplore (Luhan)Venture (Luhan)Imagination (Luhan)I (Luhan)
    no there's not only 8 people, there are another 4 million exo-ls loving, supporting and holding onto him tightly. I hope Baekhyun knows that he's never alone, there are millions of others that cherish his existence <3 Byun Baekhyun, thank you for existing.

YeyeWalkways and our hyuneemoon like this.
  18. Sℓayeoℓ

Sℓayeoℓ Events Team
    Events Team

crying uni student
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTEXODUSXOXOGrowlLove Me RightLottoMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)
    I kid you not, I have tears in my eyes. After recent events, I am so worried for the members, I hope Baekhyun is happy and warm and full of smiles

19. anki_tao

anki_tao Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    He and the fan didn't deserve any of this /laycri

20. springyeolie

springyeolie Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    baekhyun is a real life angel, i love him sm i hope his okay, he's so mature and humble for apologizing for something thats not even his fault