Book! Thread!

Discussion in 'Movies, Dramas & TV Shows' started by Yixingish, Feb 22, 2017.

?

What are your favourite book genre ?

1. Science fiction

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Action and Adventure

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Romance

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Mystery

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Horror

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Thriller

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Satire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Comedy

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Biography/Autobiography

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. Historical Fiction

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  11. Poetry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Young Adult

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  13. History

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Crime Fiction

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. LGBT Fiction

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  16. Other Not Mentioned Above

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lulakun

Lulakun Chanbaek Queen <3

Thirst Enthusiast
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Baekhyun's SignatureChanyeol's SignatureFreal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)
    girl im awful at that and I aint gonna reread the whole book....

2. kinghun

kinghun Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    My stepmother gave me Looking For Alaska, but I couldn't find the nerve to finish the book after the mess that is The Fault. Maybe this kind of book is not my cup of tea anymore. I never liked Nicholas Sparks's books too... And I think they're kinda similar

Yixingish likes this.
  3. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I saw a couple of people upset with the new book, only because it's from Kale's? perspective & stuff from there is going to be relevant for the last book, but they didn't really care for him or something. But idk I don't read that series, so... /laugh

Yixingish and Lulakun like this.
  4. Lulakun

Lulakun Chanbaek Queen <3

Thirst Enthusiast
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Baekhyun's SignatureChanyeol's SignatureFreal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)
    Ooh.... Now I lowkey dont wanna continue.... I likes them but im not that invested ...

5. kinghun

kinghun Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Just read! I think the hype will always be one of the biggest problems. You read the book and you just can't understand how people can like that thing so much when you think everything is a mess/or not good enough to be hyped in that way. One of my biggest problem wit this book was (In my opinion) how they made cancer look like getting a cold in a summer rain, that is easy to come around or to live with it. Like... Seriously? Take a plane just to talk with a author when you can't even breath properly? jUSt no...

Yixingish likes this.
  6. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I also have it, but haven't read it. I heard that it's one of his better books though. Watched his movies, never read his books, but I do have one since it seemed interesting.

Yixingish and kinghun like this.
  7. ksoo

ksoo Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    the last book i read was dorothy must die n i liked it so much. i havent read its sequel though

Yixingish likes this.
  8. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I'm sorry. /sehunchoke
    Have you read her ACOTAR series? I have the trilogy, I just haven't gotten into them, since it's not my usual genre.

Yixingish likes this.
  9. unseen

unseen Casual Fan

exo's love bot
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Nice I hope we are able to finish.. i've never read that many books in a year so it seems kind of daunting lol

I've read the first in the series and well...... it was... okay. Def not the best fantasy series out there. However, i read it because of the hype the series got, so my expectations were really high :rolleyes: Apparently the series gets better in the next books so,,, i have the second that im going to read.. eventually.. when i get around to it lol but imo i feel like Maas' books are a bit over-hyped....... i never managed to finish her throne of glass series either /weary

Yixingish likes this.
  10. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I don't read fantasy, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I honestly just hope that I at least enjoy them.:oops:I'm an impulse book buyer & I tend buy series in one go, so I kind of have to read them. /legendarybaek

Cherilane and Yixingish like this.
  11. Yixingish

Yixingish Queen Xingmi™
    Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTLose Control (Lay)MAMA (EXO-M)EXODUS (Chinese Ver.)
    The only John green book I enjoyed was looking for Alaska and that only cos I read it when I was 14. Tbh the hype behind the fault in our stars was escalated by the fact the vlogger boom was happening at the same time and ppl thought it was crazy that somebody making content on YouTube was able to produce something worthy of being able to be turned into a film you know

12. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    When I first heard of the book in hs, it was because of my friends. Another school had it assigned as summer reading, so it kinda just spread like that. Before TFIOS, I didn't read any YA (I only read nonfiction/autobiographies, things like that) nor did I know what YA was. /laugh I think that also contributed to my dislike of the book.

Yixingish likes this.
  13. kinghun

kinghun Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I'm going to put my recommendation in spoiler because the book is about trigger warnings such as suicide and self-harm.

Book Title: Suicide Notes
    Author: Michael Thomas Ford
    Genre: juvenile, fiction
    Why you enjoyed it: I came across this book some years ago when I was in a really bad situation in my life and I remember that I was searching for books and mangas that talked about suicide and self-harm. I was really looking for that because I wanted and I stumbled on a PDF download of this one. The summary didn't really catch my attention, but I got tempt of reading because of the title mostly. So I started reading and I loved. It has a "dark humor", language that makes you feel that a 15 years old kid is really talking (and not an adult trying to incorporate one to write a book about kids) and some-how a self-discovery of the main character of who he is and the meaning of life/his life and his place in the world. There's a little plot-twist at the end because the entire book you just dON'T KNOW why he tried to kill himself. He only talks about it at the end of the book. The main character is a pain in the ass just like most of the teenagers in the world and sometimes you really want to smash his head in the wall, but as you keep reading you may start to sympathize with him. It's not THE best book in the world and even if I was trying to find a book about trigger warning to "aggravate" my current situation, the book actually helped me a lot. And there's some really nice quotes (they're a bit depressing and negative but I like them a lot and they make you think about life and etc)
    A rating out of 5: 4/5

Yixingish likes this.
  14. Yixingish

Yixingish Queen Xingmi™
    Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTLose Control (Lay)MAMA (EXO-M)EXODUS (Chinese Ver.)
    I bought Kafka on the shore today hopefully it will be worth the heavy price tag

15. unseen

unseen Casual Fan

exo's love bot
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Ah i hope i didn't deter you:oops: it focuses on the romance more than the fantasy so ;) a lot of people love the series so im sure you will enjoy it!

Yixingish likes this.
  16. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #136 ava6104, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Book Title: The Captive Prince Trilogy
    Author: C.S. Pacat
    Genre: Fiction, Romance (M/M), apparently it's Fantasy; POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNINGS: From the author herself: http://freece.livejournal.com/39701.html
    Why you enjoyed it: Uhhhh... I'm not good at describing why I enjoy the books I do, so I'm just going to put the blurb on the back. I'll put in spoiler because I know some people like going into books without knowing anything.
    Damen is a warrior hero to his people, and the rightful heir to the throne of Akielos. But when his half brother seizes power, Damen is captured, stripped of his identity, and sent to serve the prince of an enemy nation as a pleasure slave.

Beautiful, manipulative, and deadly, his new master, Prince Laurent, epitomizes the worst of the court at Vere. But in the lethal political web of the Veretian court, nothing is as it seems, and when Damen finds himself caught up in a play for the throne, he must work together with Laurent to survive and save his country.

For Damen, there is just one rule: never, ever reveal his true identity. Because the one man Damen needs is the one man who has more reason to hate him than anyone else…

A rating out of 5: /purpleheart/purpleheart/purpleheart/purpleheart/purpleheart

This series is seriously AMAZING. Once I started reading book 1, I couldn't put them down. HIGHLY recommend.

kinghun and Yixingish like this.
  17. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hahah don't worry about it! I'm still going to read the books. I'm just hesistant to read them because of my lack of fantasy reading. Thanks, I hope so too! /chenheart

Yixingish and unseen like this.
  18. squishysoo~

squishysoo~ Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I AGREEE SOO MUCH! I didn't like the book at all...I don't get the hype of it.

Yixingish and kinghun like this.
  19. kinghun

kinghun Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Seems interesting. Everything's on LiveJournal to read?

20. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #140 ava6104, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    No! Sorry about the confusion. The books are published, I linked the author's LJ for the TW.

Yixingish likes this.