Book! Thread!

Discussion in 'Movies, Dramas & TV Shows' started by Yixingish, Feb 22, 2017.

?

What are your favourite book genre ?

1. Science fiction

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Action and Adventure

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Romance

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Mystery

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Horror

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Thriller

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Satire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Comedy

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Biography/Autobiography

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. Historical Fiction

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  11. Poetry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Young Adult

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  13. History

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Crime Fiction

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. LGBT Fiction

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  16. Other Not Mentioned Above

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #141 ava6104, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Book Title: Maybe Someday
    Author: Colleen Hoover
    Genre: Romance
    Why you enjoyed it: The coolest part is that the book has a soundtrack to accompany it. Like a legit soundtrack, NOT a playlist, the songs were written specifically for the book. The songs are so, so good. Second of all, Ridge, that man is gahhhh. I love him so much. This book is so wonderful. Again I suck at descriptions so I'll put the summary of the book as a spoiler!

Sydney is living in an idyllic bubble—she's a dedicated student with a steady job on the side. She lives with her best friend, has a great boyfriend, and the music coming from the balcony opposite hers is fast becoming the soundtrack to her life. But when Sydney finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her, the bubble bursts. The mysterious and attractive man behind the music, Ridge, gives Sydney hope that she can move on and they begin to write songs together. But moving on is harder than she expects, Sydney can only hope.
    Maybe someday…
    A rating out of 5: /blueheart/blueheart/blueheart/blueheart/blueheart

Yixingish likes this.
  2. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #142 ava6104, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Book Title: Ugly Love
    Author: Colleen Hoover
    Genre: Romance
    Why you enjoyed it: Uhhh... I love this book. This book has a friends-with-benefits (but not really friends) storyline. I love both main characters individually. Although, I know people have issues with the book, with the main complaint being an power imbalance in the relationship between Tate & Miles. ( I don't see the issue, personally. Both are consenting adults, but to each their own) Miles has strong character development as the book goes on, and gahhh, I love him. There's a scene that makes me weep like a baby. /cry/cry It's a really enjoyable read. The description is in the spoiler!
    When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
    Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
    Promises get broken.
    Rules get shattered.
    Love gets ugly.

A rating out of 5: /purpleheart/purpleheart/purpleheart/purpleheart/purpleheart

Yixingish likes this.
  3. Yixingish

Yixingish Queen Xingmi™
    Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTLose Control (Lay)MAMA (EXO-M)EXODUS (Chinese Ver.)
    Book Title: The art of being normal
    Author: Lisa Williamson
    Genre: LGBT fiction
    Why you enjoyed it: This book was really cute and I liked how the storyline was realistic and not sugarcoated
    A rating out of 5: 4.5/5

4. xiuminbeforeflowers

xiuminbeforeflowers Casual Fan

awesome sauce
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The space between us
    Brenna yovanoff
    Genre: supernatural, romance, drama
    Why I worship this book: Wow. There’s actually a lot of reasons and my brain isn’t coherent enough to articulate them but I guess the main reason was the writing. She really just brought her work to life, her characters are unique and distinct. I love the male character in this book, you could really feel his sorrow running off the words. It was a great book. Amen.

Rating: 4/5

Yixingish likes this.