[Complete] [MBC/NAVER] Star of the Universe (우주의 별이) Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Dramas & TV Shows' started by Junmyeoning.jpg, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Myeon_Carrot

Myeon_Carrot PokéMyeon Master

Loyal Bunny Citizen
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    LottoStarlight (Suho x Remi)Suho's SignatureCurtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)
    I just finished watching the final episode and wow I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO SAY

This episode is seriously an emotional roller coaster (the latter half to be specific). The first half is really sweet and kinda cheesy. Woojoo with his dad who supports him all the way is such a heartwarming scene. Byul saying her proper final goodbye to her mom too. And that's when all the emotional part kicks in. It was pretty calm and nice when Woojoo was playing piano for his fans with the fans singing along. And then suddenly, the fanboy from the first episode intended to stab Byul cos maybe he blamed her for Woojoo's concert being cancelled. And then Woojoo swoops in and got stabbed instead. I know this is a pretty tragic scene but when Woojoo was touching Byul's face before he fainted was really touching. It's like he knew he was not going to make it so he was making the best out of his final moments /cryexol And when Woojoo's dad rushed to the hospital and was crying /cryexol
    And then all the twists started to come in one by one. This PD is really good at pulling foreshadows and twists smoothly. We know that the girl that Byul saved in the first episode was the grim reaper's daughter and the daughter is supposed to die in 7 years so Byul sacrificed herself so that Woojoo would be saved. And then the fireman is the manager's son and the reason the manager wanted Woojoo to die cos he believed that that would correct his mistake. And the manager letting Byul be a human again wasn't random at all.
    The most tear-jerking scene was the epilogue 7 years later. It turns out that Woojoo has a crush on Byul since her first fan letter and fan gift. He wanted to meet her in Dream World but she didn't make it. And now they're married with a child. I really thought this would be the final ending. But the grim reaper's daughter was rushed to the hospital again and that's when Byul knew her time is up. When Woojoo also realized this and held her hand and gave her his final kiss. And when Woojoo shed a tear, I felt like crying too. Really sad. But at least Byul got to say goodbye without regrets.
    Funny how the first episode is like a comedy, the second episode was pretty wtf and angsty and the third episode is intent in making us cry litres of tears. I really love this webdrama. 10/10 would watch again.

[​IMG] /baekcri/baekcri

Starlight by Suho (ft. Remi) makes me cry everytime /taocri

2. Junmyeoning.jpg

Junmyeoning.jpg This is Kim Junmyeon.

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    they released a buttload of stills/bts pics too, let's see how many i can shove into here and spam y'all with

(note: these are all like the last 4 episodes, i think, so don't click if you don't want to be spoiled)

i'll try to post them in order-ish

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lena, abeezycorona and Myeon_Carrot like this.
  3. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    continued

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the last three pics, i'm DEAD, he looked unbelievable /faintingsoo

4. xiuchenℓaydo

xiuchenℓaydo Nugu Floppy Bird
    Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureLay (Monster)LottoLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Tao's SignatureMonodrama (Lay)For LifeThe Road (Z.Tao)
    I think that was the most beautiful 12 minutes of my life. Everything were explained, the ending was reasonable too, I was happy and sad in the same time ughhh the feels hit so hard /taocri/taocri/taocri

I like the way they relate their past to each other, when Woojoo was still young, about the same age as her, he was just debuted and he's not that popular to feel the need to care about his image yet, so his feelings and curiosity towards her was genuine and innocent. She wrote his first fan letter saying all those things, so it's memorable for him and he really appreciated it at that time (omg his official fanchants were taken from her what even, the ship is sailed since day one/baeknod). Therefore, it makes sense that after he met her and remembered about that, the feelings will develop quickly, especially when his beliefs and experience in love has stopped since the day in the park (the fact that Byul didn't come can be a sign of rejection or being played to him that's why he's so introverted about his feelings).
    And the marriage part lmao, I DIED OKAY. /suhochoke/suhochoke/suhochoke Yes it was too soon and sudden but it was a special thing related to their past sooo /spazzexol/spazzexol/spazzexol They looked cute rather than mature and I like that, since it's a feeling that slept inside them so long ago.
    I might need to change my sig into this scene just saying

Finally, the conclusion. Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy, and the scriptwriter was like nope it will be boring if it ends like this so he/she just add that last piece of twist in: Byul has to go because her final wish is granted: the Grim Reaper's child will be taken away for real. And yes it was a good final twist to make the drama so much more memorable.

When Woojoo hugged her and kissed her in tears I was almost in tears too (gotta endure or else I would have go to school looking like a mess), she probably told him and even though he knew he still wanted to marry her and have a family with her. Their love had stayed pure and full of affection even when 7 years had passed and they've had a kid, because they wanted to make the most out of their time being together. The relationship was so special and this scene alone compliments it perfectly, it made me feel touched in so many levels.

Anyway it was all worth it in the end. I'm glad that Suho picked up this script because it's a really good one, not to mention the character fits him so well too (I've always looked at Suho as someone who is actually soft and innocent at heart lol). Praise for the crew, the camera director (/xiubrows his beauty in here need to be certified platinum y'know), the songwriters and everyone involve in this project. It was an awesome experience for me and I'd love to watch it again and again /princesssuho/princesssuho/princesssuho

5. bbhez

bbhez BaekSoo enthusiast

EXO-L
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Love Me RightOverdose (EXO-K)Crying Out (D.O.)Tell Me (What Is Love) (D.O. x Yoo Young Jin)
    /baekcriJust finished watching it. The boy can kiss/pleasedsoo I was shook by his acting and kiss scenes./legendarybaek I've never felt more at peace with a characters death , the writers/directors did a great job with that.

6. ymynym

ymynym Diehard Fan

a lurking sloth
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful Accident (Suho x Chen)Curtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)Monodrama (Lay)
    its been 9 hours prob. since i watched the last episode at the last part of this drama still stuck in my head. im working but cannot stop being emo and imagining how the last days of their seven years would be
    /laycri/taocri/baekcri

the last time i was this sad over a death scene is when watching the time traveller's wife. and yes woojoxbyul last goodbye scene definitely reminds me of that movie /suhojudge/legendarybaek

Chancellor, Lena, bbhez and 3 others like this.
  7. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureLay (Monster)LottoLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Tao's SignatureMonodrama (Lay)For LifeThe Road (Z.Tao)
    #427 xiuchenℓaydo, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Since the show is over, I thought I should make a spoiler free review so if any one is interested they can check it out and have an idea if they wanna watch or not /happyxiu I'll try to be as objective as possible because I LOVE it.

[Review][Spoiler-Free]Star of the Universe
    Even when it's a mini teen drama, it is still a good and refreshing watch. The story followed a cliche that you may be able to predict the conclusion, but what makes it interesting is all the little twists that were added in between as you watch it. It is dreamy and could be too idealistic at times, but there's more than that when it comes to the main pair: their relationship started out typical and as the story goes, the development turned out to be very different and unique in its own ways. The story also uses a good cast of supporting characters, and the whole plot isn't just dedicated to the romance of the main pair, it revolves around the supporting characters and other themes too. There are characters that people may found annoying but personally, the more I know about each of them, the more I feel related to them. Every scene, whether it is a dialogue, an action or even it is just a facial expression, tells a lot about each of them and what they were thinking, so every time you watch it again you'll find some new scenes that tells you more about someone, which is a really interesting process and couldn't stop you from loving them more.
    Yes, the script is not shallow or cheap or anything, it's really great. It's a shame that the airing time is short though, the script would have developed to the fullest if there was more time.

If you love Suho, it is a MUST WATCH.
    • Suho plays piano? Check.
    • Suho being the bad boy? Check.
    • Suho being the fluffliest angel? Check.
    • Suho being stupidly funny? Check.
    • Suho sings as solo and duet? Heck yes, he sang like 4 songs and they all sounded BEAUTIFUL.
    • Suho being handsome? Oh god THIS DRAMA SLAYED EVERY ANGLE THEY FILMED HIM. INFINITY OUT OF 10 tbh /sehuntea
    And there's more but I aint telling ya because I'll spoil it. Please don't refuse to watch this because Suho is intimate with another girl that is not you, because you will miss a lot of iconic moments of Suho if you don't watch it/suhojudge he also put a lot of effort in this drama (which I personally think he nailed the character) that has a good plot so please don't let that go to waste/lmaosuho

If you're aren't a fan of Suho or anyone in particular of the drama, please still watch it, especially when you are a fan of a certain someone too. There are so, so many scenes that will just pull your heartstrings because it is soooo relatable. The drama is a gift for fans and they aren't lying; even a new fan who is not super deep into the fandom like me still sympathize with it a lot more than I thought.

Anyway, overall, if you wanna take a break from heavy drama, watch it. It's light-hearted but it's not boring, it's cheesy but it's not typical, it's funny but it's also emotional, it's interesting to watch and it won't fail to make you surprised. The plot is diverse in terms of themes and topics, the acting is good, no characters nor moments were wasted and most of all, it speaks for every fangirl's heart, not just our wants and desires but also our experiences, concerns and love towards our idol. A 9/10.
    It would be 10/10 if it was s bit longer smh, forever salty about this.

8. abeezycorona

abeezycorona Queen Hoe

Loving all members of EXO equally
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I still haven't watched the last part because I'm in denial and I don't want this show to end /laycri

9. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    more pics i missed (spoilers galore)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

why is he such a dad, not even a spicy dad but like...y'all....so Actual dad it hurts

so cute /laycri

10. abeezycorona

abeezycorona Queen Hoe

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Y'all I don't know what to do with myself, like I'm actually crying. Suho was unearthly this episode, looking at him actually took my breath away, he looked beautiful and his acting was so good. I loved sweaty Woojo in the dance practice flashback, you guys know that's my weakness but he looked so extraordinary. And his expressions while reading the letter felt so natural. And then when he lifted her onto the piano GUYS like there was a flood in my panties, hot damn. AND THEY HAD A BABY I CAN'T EVEN. Suho looks so natural with children, he's going to be a wonderful and loving and caring dad. I like Byul so much now, I've loved her character growth and how three dimensional she became. The last scenes actually destroyed my heart and I feel weirdly exhausted but this drama has been an emotional roller coaster and waaaay too short /laycri

11. Chancellor

Chancellor Aeri

Exams
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Crying Out (D.O.)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)Curtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)
    I'm not going to put this under spoiler cause the drama is over and I think we're safe now, but JUST IN CASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS ok so WHERE DO I BEGIN junmyeon's acting was so good and the ending was amazing like I thought it would be super cheesy and I thought that she wouldn't actually have to die but when she did it shocked me so bad like I didn't think they would actually do that, and it explains the little booklet that we kept seeing cause that was her writing down all her thoughts until the end and it made it all so nice. Junmyeon's little nose rub thing is so cute and him and it's adorable.
    I think she thought the wedding was going to be like fake and that's why she was so surprised when he slipped on that ring, plus at first I thought that the wedding was rushed but then again I realized that they both probably knew that she was only going to live for a couple more years so they had to make up for it by doing everything as quick as possible.

12. chloesapphire

chloesapphire ❤️ 기억을 걷는 밤 ❤️
    Translator

Transleitor
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)Let Me Love You (Junggigo x Chanyeol)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Beautiful (Baekhyun)
    so he cant have a happily ever after /kyungsoojudging

13. Myeon_Carrot

Loyal Bunny Citizen
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    He did have one. But it only lasted for 7 years. /laycri

abeezycorona and Junmyeoning.jpg like this.
  14. chloesapphire

chloesapphire ❤️ 기억을 걷는 밤 ❤️
    Translator

Transleitor
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)Let Me Love You (Junggigo x Chanyeol)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Beautiful (Baekhyun)
    all exo characters either die or not have a happily ever after. /shookyeol

15. Myeon_Carrot

Loyal Bunny Citizen
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    To be fair, Woojoo still has his son. Even when a couple gets married and have children, their happiness will still be short-lived cos the both of them are going to die eventually anyway. But I get your point. /shookyeol

16. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    i can't wait for suho's character in how are u bread to have a tragic backstory

chloesapphire and Myeon_Carrot like this.
  17. abeezycorona

abeezycorona Queen Hoe

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    10 bucks there's a baking accident involving a whisk and he dies /suhojudge

18. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    LSITEN YOU DONT JINX IT /ragexing/ragexing/ragexing/ragexing/ragexing

Myeon_Carrot and abeezycorona like this.
  19. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
  20. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I BASICALLY FANGIRL ALL OVER AGAIN
    They look so good together nnnnnn