Drama Recommendations

Discussion in 'Movies, Dramas & TV Shows' started by Miranini, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Miranini

Miranini Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hi everyone! I’m pretty new in the drama world. ive only seen two complete dramas and one movie.

The two dramas were Hello Monster / I Remember You and Hello My Twenties!
    And the movie was called The Silenced.

Looking back at the stuff I’ve seen, i noticed that I choose the dramas with bright yet underlining mysterious themes with a splash of horror sometimes.

So basically I would like to recommend those dramas to you since they’re all soooo good. But i need some more dramas to watch. So if anyone has anything they want to share, I’m all ears /chenheart

2. kingbaekhyun

kingbaekhyun Casual Fan

EXO-CBX's manager
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I haven't watched many dramas myself since ive only watched the ones where exo were in but idk if you've watched them? Maybe HAHH! but yeah I'd like some drama recommendations too>< Can I ask what were these two dramas about?I'm curious! thank you hhe /princesssuho/princesssuho

Miranini likes this.
  3. AeriDyo

AeriDyo Dedicated Fan

Student
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I'm more about romance and comedy , if you're intesrested I liked those:
    - Wise Prison Life (not finished yet, love that one)
    - Because This Is My First Life (2017)
    - Goblin (2016)
    - Our Gap Soon (2016)
    - Kill Me, Heal me (2015, mystery too)
    - Oh My Ghost (2015)
    - All the Reply series (I really enjoye the last one)

Mystery/ Thriller drama:
    - Signal (2016; you really must watch that one)
    - Defendant (2017)
    - Secret Forest( 2017)

duckduckduck, Saillc and Miranini like this.
  4. Miranini

Miranini Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    No problemm. /chenheart

Anyways, Hello Monster came out in 2015 and it has D.O. in it. He’s playing a small role about a sadistic psychopathic killer who’s in jail but he escapes. (I barely remember what happens) but the synopsis of the drama is that the main male role played by Seo In Guk works as a profiler something happened to where he can’t remember much about his past. He flys back to Korea to try and clear but his missing memories. While he’s in Korea he is investigating crimes while trying to piece back together his past. Oh yeah Park Bogum is playing a lawyer in this drama.

Omg this drama is so good.

For the second drama Hello My Twenties:
    It’s about a country girl who moves into a share house in the city with 4 other girls who (some of them, maybe 3) goes to the same university as her. It’s pretty spunky at times and it goes into depth about each girls life and personality. Like one girl doesn’t work or go to school because she uses rich men for their money, another girl struggles with school and working two jobs at a fancy restaurant and convenient store and the manager at the restaurant is always giving her a hard time. Another girl is very cheerful and has a douche bag of a boyfriend but won’t really let him go because she doesn’t like to be alone and the last roommate is the oldest out of all of them and she is very eager to get a boyfriend since she feels like her youth is getting away from her.

But the underlining theme is that all of the girls have a sort of bad past (i think only 3 of them) so they’re all kind of connected in a way. It’s very good. I hope i explained it well. /happyxiu

AeriDyo likes this.
  5. Miranini

Miranini Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Wow/kailol this list looks great! I’ll check these out. Thank youu!

AeriDyo likes this.
  6. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Chensexual

Kim Jongdae
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The WarLose Control (Lay)Lay's SignatureChen's SignatureHey Mama! (EXO-CBX)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)
    Ooh, Triangle for sure!! The version with Kim Jaejoong in it. If you liked Hello Monster (which I LOVED so much I re-watched), you'll probably like this one! It's one of only like, four Kdramas I've ever watched all the way through.
    City Hunter's another I managed to finish, that one's kinda a classic (not really, it's only about six years old, but it's very popular!)

Miranini likes this.
  7. Nini Charm

Nini Charm ♡에리곰♡

@nini_charm
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The War: Power of MusicThe WarFor Life
    -chicago typewriter ❤
    -healer
    -k2
    -bad guy

Saillc and Miranini like this.
  8. littlesheep

littlesheep Diehard Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Oh after googling I realized that Hello My Twenties is the same as Age of Youth. Why do dramas always have so many names... It's confusing lol. Did you watch the second season as well ? If not then I recommend that of course !
    I always forget all the dramas I've watched when someone asks for recommendations /kailol
    But here are some that haven't been mentioned yet:

- My Love From The Star. A reeeeeeally popular drama. Tells about an alien who's stuck on earth.
    - Master's Sun. It's about a woman who sees ghosts. It also has Seo In Guk in it who was the male lead in Hello Monster.
    - Misaeng. Tells about people working in an office. Sounds a bit boring but it's really great ! Kind of reminds me of Age of Youth in the way that both are kind of slice-of-life realistic type of dramas.
    - Falling For Innocence. Kind of a typical rich asshole male lead romance drama but also really emotional and breaks your heart at times. Definitely didn't expect the feels to hit me so hard while watching it.
    - Sassy Go Go. A high school drama. Really sweet and almost a bit cheesy at times but also deals with heavier stuff like suicide and abuse etc.
    - Solomon's Perjury. A high school crime drama. A really interesting and unique plot.

duckduckduck and Miranini like this.
  9. Miranini

Miranini Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hello Monster was like a masterpiece. And thank you for these! /happyxiu
    --- Post merged---
    Thank youuu /taopeace

Nini Charm and ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) like this.
  10. Miranini

Miranini Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Yeah they do have multiple names like how i had to name both Hello Monster and I Remember You in the title. Also Wow i didn’t know that HMT had a second season. I’ll look that one up immediately. /chenparty
    I like all the descriptions to the ones you recommended. Thank you lovely! /happyxiu

littlesheep likes this.
  11. nessmyeon

nessmyeon Diehard Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Starlight (Suho x Remi)Curtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)
    The best place to find dramas is https://mydramalist.com/

I have to admit that for most of the times i prefer to watch something more light and i always end up going more for the rom/com dramas... But here some dramas that i did enjoyed and that have that mystery going on

- I Hear Your Voice (2013) *fav
    - Healer (2014) *fav
    - Secret (2013) - if you like tragedy, this is the type of drama, i always try to avoid those, but this one is pretty good, beside the leads have such a good chemistry
    - Triangle (2014)
    - The Innocent Man (2012) - if you are looking for revenge type of drama, this is the one, beside the romance, pretty good
    - City Hunter (2011) - A lot of action and romance ofc, one of my favs from Lee Min Ho

since you watched Age of Youth

- Fight For My Way (2017)
    - Because This is My First Life (2017) - i didn't watch it, but my mother says it was pretty good and fits into the slice of life genre
    - Cheese in the Trap (2016) - i didn't finish this drama, but you may like it

Others that are my favs

- Reply 1997 (2012) - any kpop fan would enjoy it, and for me the best from all the reply series
    - Introverted Boss (2017)
    - Twenty Years Old (2014) - mini drama, pretty good
    - Witch's Romance (2014)
    - Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (2016) - honestly this only was that good because of the main couple, still really nice to watch
    - You Who Came from the Stars (2013)
    - Jealousy Incarnate (2016)

As Suho stan, i need to recommend: Star of the Universe

There's a lot more than i could recommend, but if you search in the site i posted about, i'm sure you will find the type of dramas you really enjoy. (Also you can create an account there and create your own list of the dramas you watched, plan to watch, etc... its a really helpful site)

Miranini likes this.
  12. Miranini

Miranini Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    This is a great list. Thanks for recommending the site too. It seems to help a bunch.

nessmyeon likes this.
  13. squishysoo~

squishysoo~ Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hi! I've watched so many dramas and movies this year!
    Here are some of my favorite dramas of 2017:
    • Age Of Youth Season 2
    • While You Were Sleeping
    • Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
    • Be Positive (D.O.'s webdrama)
    Here are some movies that I really liked. Most of them really got me emotional:

• Pure Love
    • My Annoying Brother
    • Cart
    • Hope
    • Okja (It's a korean, american movie but still really good)
    In my opinion Age Of Youth Season 2 is so much better than the first season! If you watch it, you know what I mean. /laugh
    There is so much more that I can recommend, but these are my all time favorites. I hope you'll watch those that I suggest ✨

Miranini likes this.
  14. Aerie_ℓ

Aerie_ℓ Dedicated Fan

Exo trash
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Lose Control (Lay)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Crying Out (D.O.)Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)I'm Not Okay (Chen)Monodrama (Lay)Take You Home (Baekhyun)Reloaded I (Luhan)
    I watched a lot of dramas but only those were completed lol
    • Scarlet Heart
    • Empress Ki
    • My love from the star
    • Two weeks
    • I miss you (this was freaking amazing, and also the cast is super talented+touching story, Yoochun really improved his acting skills, he could have been an amazing actor, but I guess the industry does not like to see him ever again)
    • The moon embracing the sun
    • Autumn in my heart
    • Pinocchio
    Movies
    • The beauty inside
    • A frozen flower (18+)
    • Twenty
    • Midnight runners

Miranini likes this.
  15. duckduckduck

duckduckduck Casual Fan

Student
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #15 duckduckduck, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    I'm recommending some dramas that aren't listed above:
    • Remember/Remember War of the Sun - lawyer, revenge, politic (?)
    • Chief Kim - this is funny
    • Birth of a Beauty - revenge, romcom
    • 20th Century Boy and Girl - romcom
    And as others have recommended, This is My First Life, Fight for My Way, and K2 are very good dramas.

Miranini likes this.
  16. baekxingmi

baekxingmi Casual Fan

the creator of the words baekxingmi and x'baek
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Lose Control (Lay)
    not a drama watcher but these are some of my favorites
    • Reply 1997 (2012)
    • Liar Game (2014)
    • Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016)
    • Descendants of the Sun (2016)
    • W: Two Worlds (2016)
    • While You Were Sleeping (2017)

Miranini likes this.
  17. parkyeols

parkyeols your #1 Chansoo stan

brushing Chanyeol's hair
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    -You're all surrounded (I rewatched this)
    -It's okay that's love
    -boys over flowers (ICONIC)
    -While you were sleeping
    -Bring it on ghost
    -Strong woman Do Bongsoon
    -Weightlifting fairy Kim Bokjoo
    -Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    -W
    -I hear your voice
    -Pinocchio
    -Mrs Cop (I watched this drama twice lol)

Miranini likes this.
  18. ava6104

ava6104 Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    It's a Chinese drama BUT A Love So Beautiful, hands down one of the cutest dramas I've ever seen. /happyxiu/baekcri

Miranini and nessmyeon like this.
  19. LiKay

LiKay Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Queen Inhyun's Man
    Goblin
    It's Ok, That's Love
    Cheer Up
    To the Beautiful You
    Reply 1997
    Boys Over Flowers
    Secret Garden
    My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
    My Love from Another Star

Queen Inhyun's Man is probably my favorite drama of all time and definitely worth a watch.
    Goblin, so good, no words can describe properly, the story is paced well and it's hard to predict what will happen, you can guess but you're never sure.
    It's Ok, That's Love, Kyungsoo's acting alone is reason enough, but the show really makes you think about people and why they behave certain ways.
    Cheer Up is a fun high school drama, I don't think enough people have seem it lol
    To the Beautiful You is based on the manga Hana Kimi; a girl pretends to be a guy and sneaks into an all guys school, it's a lot of fun.
    Reply 1997 is the best of the reply series in my opinion, 94 was good until the ending, I know a lot of people probably don't agree but I hated the ending to 94.
    Boys Over Flowers is a classic, it's almost required viewing in kdrama lol, it's longer though, so be ready.
    Secret Garden is a great body swapping drama.
    My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, I haven't watched it in a couple years but I really liked it, it's supernatural a bit and that always adds.some excitement.
    My Love from Another Star is fun, not a lot of dramas about an alien lol

I know these are terrible summaries but I really do think these shows are all worth a watch. I didn't want to give any of the plot away because I feel like that ruins some of the fun.
    Dramafever has all of these if you have trouble finding them /sparkleheart

Miranini likes this.
  20. moonℓight

moonℓight Casual Fan

heart guardian
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Some of these are already mentioned but I’ll just mention some of my favorites.

These are Korean dramas.

Strong Woman Do BongSoon - this was extremely cute with a lot of good humor thrown in.
    The Legend of the Blue Sea - interesting story, and it kept me interested the entire way through.
    Pinocchio - Lee JongSuk is just overall a great actor, and this has a really cute best friend turned lover story.

These are Chinese dramas, they have a different feel to them compared to Korean dramas, but I’m sorry I don’t know how to explain it haha.

My Mr.Mermaid - honestly my all time favorite Chinese drama so far. Just very cute and funny.
    Rakshasa Street - this is for when you’re not feeling a cheesy love story type of drama, and want more action.

Also, I want to note a Korean Movie I watched recently.

Coin Locker Girl - this made me S O B.... it has a small love story but overall is a thrilling movie with twists and turns that you NEVER expect. Keep in mind, this is totally not your normal movie. Don’t expect anything to happen, bc it probably won’t.

Miranini likes this.