[FMV] EXO dances to POWER (IMLAY Remix), (late) Halloween Version

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Ada_enfuite, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Ada_enfuite

Ada_enfuite I was dreaming, my head was elsewhere

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EXO dances to POWER (IMLAY remix) , (late) Halloween Version
    (watch out for: Superpowers and sudden costume and Make-up changes)

By sudden costume and make-up changes I mean: comic book characters, mascots, sugar skulls
    (three guesses who the comicbook characters are...kekekeke)

Inspired by the thread started by @xiuchenℓaydo which went into the topic of IMLAY's remix of POWER
    and how it was meant for Halloween (because of the wolf-howling, hehe).
    Floppy, I know you think IMLAY's version is creepy (it's not the version I prefer either) but it works well with their dance moves.
    This vid isn't perfect but I hope you like it :) (even just a little)

And yeah, it's the Xmas season...but this took a while to make and upload...so...

Happy Holidays to u all ^^

Note:
    Please watch in HD
    Press pause at your own risk...the guys are in motion...so ....EXO vs The Pause Button equals the Pause button will win many times.

Yeeah, after I uploaded this I was hit by a sudden wave of embarrassment. And hesitation. Oh gosh. I don't know what I should say. I basically stared at the screen and wondered if I really am going to share this...>_<

Also, Youtube deleted one of my videos without notifying me. Sigh. Unless I accidentally deleted the vid when I fell asleep trying to upload a few days back...

I wish I had more drawing skills but I did my best with the skill set that I have.
    The Dino balloons btw are inspired by Duckhymne's birthday fanart for Chen ^^

anki_tao, Hyunnie Bear, minze and 4 others like this.
  2. Ada_enfuite

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    What the hey...After ten years of staring at the screen, I decided to post this.
    Please comment on what you think about their costumes and make-up ^^

Like it? Don't like it? Which costumes from the the SM Halloween party should I have done?

3. lueur

lueur ✧・: *✧*에리*✧*:・✧

going crazysus enthusiast™
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sehun (Monster)Luhan's SignatureReloaded (Luhan)Xperience (Luhan)Xplore (Luhan)Venture (Luhan)Imagination (Luhan)I (Luhan)
    this is so cool tho! how did you do it?

Ada_enfuite and kevin like this.
  4. lucifer

lucifer Aeri

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hahaha this is so cute! I loved the random Wolf!Kai bit /kailol

Suchen in the onesies was the best though

Ada_enfuite likes this.
  5. minze

minze The Don Corleone of the cat gif world

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Dancing King (EXO x Yoo Jae Suk)Girls (EXO-CBX)Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)Xiumin (Monster)
    Quality content. /xiuminkiss
    The balloons were my favourite idek why? They're just so cute. /kaicute
    Did I see a Suhorang in there as well? /pleasedsoo

Ada_enfuite likes this.
  6. kevin

kevin EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    hell ye

Ada_enfuite likes this.
  7. Ada_enfuite

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #7 Ada_enfuite, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    So it turns out the pc version of Power Director does allow you to draw on the videos (I thought it didn't). Some of the drawings were drawn with just the program (like the text at the beginning and the swirls when D.O first appears) but the others were drawn in another program (I used GIMP w/c is a free alternative to Photoshop) and were added as Picture in Picture (PiP) objects (this is what I did for the balloons; I'll explain in a bit). The make-up parts (Chanyeol, BaekXiu, Sehun) were done in GIMP along with the Superman and Ironman logos. I had to transfer my edits to the video itself using Power Director. So basically most of the work was a combination of photo editing (frame by frame) and video editing.

The symbols were objects I "pasted" onto the video and had to edit with the program so they change color, blink, rotate etc. and appear when I want to (this is the Picture in Picture effect I mentioned earlier). The superpower effects are called Particles, Power Director comes with objects called 'particles' you can add and edit. Like Chen's thunder for example, I can change the color, width and direction according to my liking.

For the actual on-video drawing, like the text in the beginning, Adobe makes it a bit easier. I saw a tutorial online explain how Adobe Premiere allows you to draw on the videos by linking changes you made on Adobe After Effects. So basically whatever you do on Adobe After Effects automatically appears on Premiere. This makes it easier to edit mistakes. I think the sorta equivalent for Power Director is Color Director (?)....but I don't have it (and I'm not sure it allows you to do what Adobe After Effects does for Premiere). If you're thinking of trying the drawing effect and you have Adobe, I think you'll find it's faster and more convenient.

If you want me to go into further detail just dm me and I'll try to be as helpful as I can ^^

Thank you /doubleheart I'm glad you liked it. ^^ The onesies are my fave too.

Thank you ✨

Yes, Suhorang is in there ^_^ hehehe

minze and lueur like this.
  8. xiuchenℓaydo

xiuchenℓaydo Nugu Floppy Bird
    Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureLay (Monster)LottoLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Tao's SignatureMonodrama (Lay)For LifeThe Road (Z.Tao)
    I LOVE THIS /baekcri asjfhakfh I'm happy that my little comment inspired you to make this because it looks awesome /spazzexol

And yeah you were right, they actually looked really cool dancing with the beat drop /lmaosuho
    I guess you can never win EXO /lmaosuho

Ada_enfuite likes this.
  9. Ada_enfuite

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    /doubleheart Thank you for the inspiration!

I'm actually happiest about the music syncing with the dance moves ^^

xiuchenℓaydo likes this.