Trans How Japanese EXO-L are supporting EXO

Discussion in 'Aeriverse Translations' started by BaekTaro, Sep 27, 2017.

1. BaekTaro

BaekTaro Rankaxo
    Events Team

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Girls (EXO-CBX)LightsaberRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Beautiful (Baekhyun)Love Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Coming Over
    #1 BaekTaro, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Aeriverse Translation Team
    Baektaro ft. Kyung PD

note. this article is a mix of my own words and translated material. All translated/borrowed material is in quotations. - Ranka

[170912] Only Aeri’s can protect EXO.

Part 1.
    "Even during times of hardship like when they didn't win the Daesang, EXO apologised for worrying Aeris.

The tears from last year’s MMA said everything. Even with overwhelming digital numbers and voting, they still didn’t get it. Baek’s spoke with a heavy heart, “Thank you, I’m sorry and I realized that I have to work harder."

They did their best despite many challenges this year and now it’s Aeri’s turn. Up til now, it's a fact that Japanese Aeri’s haven’t been as active as Chinese Aeri’s. In addition to the current situation in China, the things that Japanese fans can do is growing. And I feel very thankful we can help bear that burden.

When things like this sense of duty and responsibility to stream and vote feel heavy, please help lighten the load for each other. We are always here by your side supporting you. That’s the reason we are here. All the other Japanese Aeri’s are here too. However, can you share your strength with fellow Aeri’s? Please don’t shy away from streaming and help lend your power. Let’s get that Daesang!"

source. exolasting_jp

Up until this comeback, Japanese EXO-L have historically fallen behind their international and Korean counterparts. Besides having a different fandom culture (no weekly music shows/streaming is less important), there was a huge language barrier keeping Japanese fans from learning how to support EXO.

Since The War: Kokobop and Power, many fanbases and chart support teams have popped up around Twitter, which is what Japanese fans mainly use as their form of social media.

The quote above is from exolasting_jp, they are Korean, but live in Japan and provide the majority of Japanese translations and support for voting and streaming.

"Japanese Aeries ^_^ This isn't the case in Japan, but in Korea competition through music shows, end of the year awards, CD sales, streaming, and voting decide the success of an artist! Totals come from streaming on paid services like Melon and Genie during a certain time frame. Our numbers aren't very good right now, so we need everyone's strength!

It's easy to do! EXO-L can do it with coupons/free passes! So won't you please help us create a new record for EXO? Up until now, we've been relying on Korean and Chinese Aeri, but I want Japanese Aeri's help too, I'm counting on you! Please share this with other Aeri <3"

source. exolasting_jp

Part 2.
    To help with streaming and voting, exolasting_jp aka Nabi-san has formed something called the "Japanese Full-Attack Team (日本総攻撃チーム)". Because Nabi-san is Korean, they are able to understand and easily navigate music streaming sites and services to create multiple accounts as well as purchase passes and gather coupons. Nabi-san has also recruited a number of Japanese EXO-L to join the team, giving them Melon and Genie accounts fully loaded with coupons and passes so they can stream. This team has been dubbed the "Proxy Streaming Team (代理スミンチーム)".

hint. check the twitter hashtag "#総攻撃" if you want to see how Japanese EXO-L are streaming!

"Nabisonyo-san, it's all because of you giving me this account that I can use melon even at night~~!! I'm so thankful... Thank you thank you so much <33"

source. miho61pcy

I was even almost recruited into this team! I was having trouble streaming when exoexo2012mie reached out to me and helped me use Genie coupons! (read about my full experience here)

The Japanese Xiumin fanbase, which also donates flowers/welcome bouquets to be displayed in theatres whenever Xiumin's movies get released in Japan, has also opened up a Genie coupon pool! To get submissions, they've even created these adorable "ads" to get EXO-L to send in their coupon codes!

[​IMG]
    "I'd really like some Genie tickets...."

[​IMG]
    "Genie tickets..... please..... zzzzz"

[​IMG]
    "Genie tickets please <3"

Part 3.
    And lastly of course, Japanese EXO-L have been constantly holding group orders for EXO albums. Since albums are an import for Japanese fans, most fanbases have been ordering albums in waves of 1-2 weeks in between to spread out sales (but still within the first 6 weeks!).

Mini-freezer bought 450 copies of "The War" from Synnara!

PreciousChan (a Japanese Chanyeol fanbase) is holding a donation event in conjunction with "Spunky Action Baby" (a Korean Chanyeol fansite) to put up an ad for Chanyeol.

A Japanese Aeri made a fan out of concern for Kyungsoo who looked hurt the previous day (he couldn't lift his arm).
    Main thread

Concluding, Japanese EXO-L have become a lot more active. It's all thanks to the fanbases and accounts that have popped up with people dedicated to helping Japanese fans stream and vote. A big shout out to every account listed in this article as well as those who I didn't get a chance to name.

Japanese EXO-L are always with you. WE ARE ONE!

BONUS! Aka. other threads for further reading

Japanese EXO-L Slang
    Why Japanese EXO-L stan the members they do
    Cute EXO pairings Japanese fans like
    Funny Japanese EXO-L Twitter icons
    D.O. Lucky One head bop display in Japan
    Japanese EXO line stickers

2. B-loved

B-loved Baekhyun appa's baby girl

Worshiping Baekhyun's existence
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    I'm glad we are all becoming one for the boys /cryexol

3. minechin

minechin Dedicated Fan

Full time fangirl
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    It's really great to know EXO are loved and supported everywhere, fighting Japanese aeris! /happyxiu

4. Sully

Sully Queen of the Kitty Clan

Xiumin stan
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTEXODUSGrowlOverdose (EXO-K)The WarThe War: Power of MusicXiumin's SignatureHey Mama! (EXO-CBX)
    Anyone know how I can give my Genie codes to the Japanese Xiumin fanbase?

our hyuneemoon, permaban and BaekTaro like this.
  5. Kyung PD

Kyung PD Events Team
    Events Team

Supreme Coordi-noona
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Chanyeol's SignatureKai's SignatureTake You Home (Baekhyun)Lose Control (Lay)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)Curtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)Hey Mama! (EXO-CBX)Dancing King (EXO x Yoo Jae Suk)
    I love when EXO-L's mobilize together~ It's so heartwarming.

6. BaekTaro

BaekTaro Rankaxo
    Events Team

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Girls (EXO-CBX)LightsaberRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Beautiful (Baekhyun)Love Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Coming Over
    Please send an email to "minifreezer at outlook dot com" (ofc make sure to replace "at" and "dot" with 2 and . )

Subject: スミンチケット譲渡

1. name

2. Your genie code(s) AND their expiration date.

Example.

Code: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    有効期限: 2017/10/31 (YYYY/MM/DD)

Note. You may also attach an image of the code but please also type it out (and double check!)

If you want at the end you can add a message:

いつもシウミンを応援して頂いてありがとうございます!

It says "Thank you for always supporting Xiumin!" If you want to add any other messages or have further questions just @ me~

7. Sully

Sully Queen of the Kitty Clan

Xiumin stan
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTEXODUSGrowlOverdose (EXO-K)The WarThe War: Power of MusicXiumin's SignatureHey Mama! (EXO-CBX)
    Thank you!!! /happyxiu

8. permaban

permaban Proud Exo-L since 2012™
    Administrator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    This is too cute. Thank you for sharing!

our hyuneemoon and BaekTaro like this.
  9. Gliese

Gliese Aeri

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Omg but the memes they make for support is so strong tho /kailol anw thanks for the translation! Great to have an idea how other fanbases are supporting the boys esp when it's japanese aeri because lbr Japan is that one market with the most long lasting purchasing power /laylaugh

our hyuneemoon, BaekTaro and permaban like this.