[Kkuljaem] GROUPS THAT WON TWO DAESANGS IN ONE SEASON AT MNET ASIAN MUSIC AWARDS

Discussion in 'Netizens on EXO' started by PCWHY, Jan 8, 2017.

1. PCWHY

PCWHY PR Team
    PR Team

crying uni student
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTEXODUSXOXOGrowlLove Me RightLottoMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)
    Groups that won two Daesangs in one season at Mnet Asian Music Awards
    [​IMG]
    2010 MAMA
    2NE1 - Artist of the Year
    To Anyone - Album of the Year

[​IMG]
    2014 MAMA
    EXO - Artist of the Year
    Overdose - Album of the Year

[​IMG]
    2015 MAMA
    Big Bang - Artist of the Year
    Bang Bang Bang - Song of the Year
    Daum Cafe: Groups that won two Daesangs in one season at Mnet Asian Music Awards

-All three are legendary

-I was so worried for EXO that time, I thought they weren't gonna win anything because of the scandals they went through but they won two daesangs. I cried when EXO was announced

-2NE1ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

-SNSD would've won in 2009 too if they attended

-They all deserve it

-God Bang... I miss you 2NE1

2. PCWHY

PCWHY PR Team
    PR Team

crying uni student
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTEXODUSXOXOGrowlLove Me RightLottoMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)
    Anyway I'll be emotional now:

EXO! 2014 was such a hard year for them, but they ended up shining the brightest at the end despite everything <3 Everyone doubted and waited for them to fall, but look at them now -- still at the top, still shining brightly. I'm proud of my boys. Let's face it, 2014 was a mess, painful and sad. Barely two years in and dealing with 2 member departures and even dating scandals. Honestly it's no wonder people didn't think they'd make it. But they did-- they pushed through and not only survived, but cemented their position on the top. That's not an easy feat by any means, and that's why it baffles me whenever people talk about them "declining" If they didn't decline then, they sure as hell aren't declining now. /laylaugh

Also, Yixing's speech is forever iconic.

[​IMG]
    /laytea

3. TEEHEE

TEEHEE EXO-L

♥ CERTIFIED YEOLMAE ♥</3 ANTI DADDY/PAPI YEOL </3
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    [​IMG]

bbyhunnie and saturdaies like this.
  4. Ddeona Oneul Bame

Ddeona Oneul Bame KRISYEOL AKGAE

READING KRISYEOL FANFICS
    DIGGING UP THE EARTH'S CORE TRYING TO FIND LOEY
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I (Luhan)Imagination (Luhan)Promise (Z.Tao)Z.TAO (Z.Tao)EX'ACT (Chinese Ver.)Lotto (Chinese Ver.)Reloaded II (Luhan)Coming Over
    2014 MAMA was the first one I watched and it was so emo~ I'm so proud of all my children have achieved despite everything~ T____T

EVERY YEAR~ T______T

EVEN THO EVERY YEAR PEOPLE SAY THE NEXT WILL BE THE ONE WHERE THEY FALL AND THEY NEVA HAVE~ T________T

READING THIS IS SO EMO~ T________T

LATELY I'M SO EMO T_______T

I FKING LOVE EXO SO MUCH, I JUST WANT TO BAKE THEM COOKIES AND TUCK THEM INTO BED SO THEY CAN TAKE NAPS AND PUT BAND-AIDS ON THEIR FRACTURES AND PUT SPRINKLES ON ALL THEIR FOOD~ T_______________T

loey, Pimpmyeon and BaekTaro like this.
  5. kairo

kairo choke me
    Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    MAMA (EXO-K)Lose Control (Lay)Tell Me (What Is Love) (D.O. x Yoo Young Jin)Love Me Right
    This thread just made me really emotional
    As soon as I saw 2NE1 my heart broke because I still can't get over the disbandment and everything that happened to Bom because of the scandal /taocri
    And then I saw EXO and I just thought about everything they've been through with losing members and how far they have come since then /cryfangirl
    And then seeing Big Bang really messed me up because TOP is enlisting soon and the rest of them will soon follow and who knows when there's gonna be a next album with all five of them
    And I can't
    [​IMG]
    I feel so emo now
    All three groups mean a lot to me and they've contributed so much to my life /taocri

6. chloesapphire

chloesapphire ❤️ 기억을 걷는 밤 ❤️
    Translator

Transleitor
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)Let Me Love You (Junggigo x Chanyeol)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Beautiful (Baekhyun)
    it was the stage that made me a complete exol /baekcri

cucumbervsbaek and BaekTaro like this.
  7. Marie

Marie Diehard Fan

Professional Stan
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    you know when you really take a step back and think about exo's career its really mind blogging and incredible. a group that debuted years after the others listed above but is being compared on their level. on top of scandals and not one or two but three members leaving its insane that exo is still doing well. dating scandals used to kill groups and members leaving would have been the straw that broke the camels back but they are doing better regardless of all that. thats how i know they are truly legendary. there are a lot of groups that all have trendy phases but are ruined after just one scandal, but to overcome multiple scandals and still keep accomplishing more its really a true sign of longevity. in a few years exo's career will speak for itself. a true testament to how important a group they are to the kpop industry. legends indeed

minisis, Aibi, Chancellor and 9 others like this.
  8. froyomin

froyomin Aeri

Coming soon
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hehehhe, 2015 was the last year MAMA gave their awards to the rightful nominees /baeknod
    /cryfangirl2014 really was a stressful year/pissedkai

9. BaekTaro

BaekTaro Rankaxo
    PR Team

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Girls (EXO-CBX)LightsaberRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Beautiful (Baekhyun)Love Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Coming Over
    #9 BaekTaro, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Wow yep this made me weep. /baekcri

EXO are true legends. I remember we used to toss around that word after growl and people would shout, "they're still rookies, they can't be legends". But growl honestly shook the nation, it shook it enough that the first thing i saw when i stepped foot into Incheon airport for the first time i was greeted by an XOXO poster that said "Welcome to Korea". A ROOKIE BAND was on the welcome sign at Incheon airport.

On top of that, as others have said in this thread, EXO went through multiple scandals and set backs in 2014, and if anyone forgot, SM was being investigated for tax evasion right before Overdose. I can only imagine the amount of stress EXO amd staff had to go through not just after the big scandals of the year, but the prep for the mini-album.

/Baekheart/laycri

Now, it'll be 5 years together in April. I'm so nervous because its been 5 years and it hasn't been an easy 5 years. I hope the next 5 years will bring only prosperity and growth. Haters say EXO is declining and even Lay spoke about "old waves being pushed back by the new", but Lay also said he hoped EXO would prove that wrong. In 2013 I thought, "EXO can't get any bigger" but now it's 2017 and i can say that wasn't true. They have grown and their popularity hasn't wavered just like their love for EXO-L. They keep their heads bowed and walk quietly in front of 55,000 fans the same way they did for 50 in 2012.

It's so heartwarming, it really is. Like many groups, EXO has branched off to do solo and subunit activities. For many groups this also means less group work, but EXO has proved they can have their cake and eat it too. Not even catching their breath after CBX, For Life dropped. Because EXO wanted to give us a gift. Because EXO is determined to continue standing before us as a group.

Lastly, I can't believe EXO wins music shows without even perfoming or promoting. I can't believe they still can sell tons of albums without fansignings or promotions. LEGENDS ONLY! TRUE KINGS! /faintingsoo

10. hyunxing

hyunxing Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EXOLEGENDS

those pricks who were bashing yixing for his 2016 MAMA speech need to watch his 2014 MAMA speech asap
    the king's speech

Azlesha, SilverStar and BaekTaro like this.
  11. froyomin

froyomin Aeri

Coming soon
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Since they can't denied the fact /baeknod

12. Dekku

Dekku Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Amazing

13. ChogiwaMaster

ChogiwaMaster Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    All of them are legends :") and Exo is the youngest :")

BaekTaro likes this.
  14. EXO? More like Legends

Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Lose Control (Lay)EX'ACTXOXOEXODUS
    Yixing should win speech of the year award. Seriously his speeches are always on point. CEO Zhang Yixing.

Azlesha, BaekTaro, SilverStar and 2 others like this.
  15. abeezycorona

abeezycorona Queen Hoe

Loving all members of EXO equally
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Give Yixing a Daesang for his speeches tbh

BaekTaro and SilverStar like this.
  16. lovelyjoonmyeon

lovelyjoonmyeon #1 Bunny Citizen ❤

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    They are all legendary in kpop but when I saw 2ne1 I just can't hold my feels /laycri/laycri I'm still salty that they disbanded /faintingsoo

17. Kpopwatcher

Kpopwatcher Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Big Bang, 2NE1 and EXO in MAMA are like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic in Grand Slam of tennis! They are all legends.

It is very hard for an artist or a group to win Album of the Year and Song of the Year at the same time. And it is impossible for one to win all three daesangs (Album, Song and Artist) in one night!

BaekTaro likes this.
  18. Chancellor

Chancellor Aeri

Exams
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Crying Out (D.O.)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)Curtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)
    It's amazing how successful exo is for their age as a group.

Azlesha and BaekTaro like this.
  19. Aeri456

Aeri456 EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    2014 was indeed a really hard time for all of us. Sometimes I look back, and I still can't believe we went through all that and survived.

The daesangs that we received in 2014.. it felt like a miracle. it felt so unreal.

when they won those daesangs I cried so much for them. all the worries, frustration, happiness, joy, sadness.. I felt it all.

up till this day, MAMA 2014 is still the most unforgettable for me.

It's amazing to see how far they've come in such a short time. EXO is only 5 years old. If you think they're stopping anytime soon, then you're wrong.

Just like what Yixing said and hoped, I'm hoping for the same thing too. With their hardwork, I too, believe that they are able to still stay at the top.

May 2017 be another successful year for our boys.

Btw we all know EXO deserved 2 daesangs at MAMA 2016 too.. but the world is cruel to us /laycri

YeyeWalkways likes this.
  20. kyungsoosthickthighs

kyungsoosthickthighs kyungsoo's #1 hoe
    Donor

thirsting over kyungsoo
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Don't Worry (D.O. x Jo Jung Seok)Crying Out (D.O.)Tell Me (What Is Love) (D.O. x Yoo Young Jin)D.O.'s Signature
    I'm so proud of the boys for being able to continue and succeed through all of the scandals they were in /taocri