Kokobop vs Power

Discussion in 'Music' started by minisis, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. minisis

minisis Diehard Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sing For YouEX'ACTOverdose (EXO-K)EXODUS
    I actually want to do a thread about Power honest opinions but I guess this is more fun.
    This are my honest opinions, I would like to heard your honest opinions as well.

First Power I really like the song but I feel the song kinda lost impact when released because of the MV, to me the MV wasn't the best, there were many diverse opinions on it mostly negative, coming from exo fans as well. I can't deny I was dissapointed with it, Exo promise us something amazing for the repackage and Power mv wasn't what I was expecting honestly, I want to believe they were hyping the packaging of the abum which is amazing and is conected with the MV but overall I was expecting something very different, But to me the biggest mistake is not including the dance in the mv the choreography for power is amazing one of my favorites so energetic, unique, uplifiting just like the song is, but much of this was lost in the mv, they added many sounds effects that you couldn't even heard the song properly, you get distracted of the song with the story in the mv, meanwhile the dance enhance it and bring it to life many people said they like the song more after wacthing the dance performance.
    One of the things I also dislike is that the cat have literally more screen time that baekhyun.
    I wonder if they'll use this story line for other release, but I doubt tbh.
    The mv overall was fun, cute and quirky, they all look amazing, the music goes along with the mv, but it definitely could have been better.

SO of course my favorite is KOKOBOP the song is pretty unique and fresh is the type of song that transport you, a least to me it takes me to the beach lol, is just a refreshing feeling, I couldn't understand why some people didn't like the drops to me they were done pretty well, I really enjoy them, the mv portray the feeling of the song pretty well and use EXO superpowers in a quirky but really fun way just like the song is, I would have enjoy it more if they didn't used certain references and some hairstyles but even those give the mv certain feeling, so definitely my favorite title track from exo last year

So which one was you favorite and why?
    /trappedsoo

squishysoo~, Lena, Lexiu and 4 others like this.
  2. parkyeols

parkyeols your #1 Chansoo stan

brushing Chanyeol's hair
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I like both songs but choreography wise,Power was better imo. Music wise I'd choose Kokobop because it's so unique yet catchy.

B-loved likes this.
  3. Minazuki

Minazuki Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Power wins

[​IMG]

Siros likes this.
  4. baekxingmi

baekxingmi Casual Fan

the creator of the words baekxingmi and x'baek
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Lose Control (Lay)
    We love Power in this house /spazzexol

5. Rosie_Kaikai

Rosie_Kaikai Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    [​IMG] I LOVE POWER CAUSE THE CUTEST THING WAS THEY ALL LOOKED HOT !! xD Kai looked hot, Chanyeol rocked the eyes and hair just saying xD Others looked awesome <333

6. Rosie_Kaikai

Rosie_Kaikai Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    [​IMG]When You See A Hot Girl Walking Pass You /laugh/laugh/laugh Then You *Put That Stare* /laugh/laugh/laugh

7. Rosie_Kaikai

Rosie_Kaikai Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
  8. Jongdae's Low Notes

Jongdae's Low Notes Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)Best Luck (Chen)Beautiful Accident (Suho x Chen)
    Not gonna lie, when the teasers for The War were out i was listening to a lot of remixes of the teasers so when Kokobop came out it was.. really different from what I expected so it took about a day before it grew on me/cutebaek.

But for Power, the looks were amazing, the music was great and (unpopular opinion) I liked the cuteness of the MV, it was refreshing. I really do wish SM releases that Power dance practice they know we all saw already I mean, that was LIT/baekcri

B-loved likes this.
  9. Rosie_Kaikai

Rosie_Kaikai Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
  10. Rosie_Kaikai

Rosie_Kaikai Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
  11. Lexiu

Lexiu Casual Fan

full-time exo trash
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    In my own opinion, I have to go with Kokobop because:

1. I really like its sound because my type of songs are very unusual and I love on how they experimented with Reggae! (Power on the other hand, is EDM and idk im tired of hearing EDM because the group I stanned before EXO has too many EDM songs /weary regardless of that, Power is still amazing /spazzexol)
    2. The drop in the chorus is just lit and idk if im the only one who replays that part for many times lol /dancelay
    3. The MV is refreshing and it truly matched with the song... But yeah, i didnt like some things (jongin's hair, etc.) but overall its a really great MV /happyxiu
    4. The choreography! /luhanevil I love its choreography because its really catchy and quite easy?? idk /wtfsehun
    5. The teasers helped up in hyping up my expectations about Kokobop and /xiubrows AAAAAAAAA I JUST LOVE KOKOBOP /cryexol

minisis and B-loved like this.
  12. pika-boo

pika-boo AV's Favorite Host™

yixing's cuddle buddy
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    unpopular opinion but i actually love the music video for Power. it's funny, and the boys actually looked like they had so much fun filming it. Yeah there were moments that made me cringe the first time i saw it, but in the end it was some much needed campyness.

yeoℓℓing and B-loved like this.
  13. sooniverse

sooniverse Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I remembered liking Power more than Kokobop at the first listen, but I think i will go with Kokobop hehe

Power is a really fun song. I listened to it on Melon before watching the MV to concentrate on the music and I really liked how energetic it is! Though many people didn't like the MV, I personally found it quite cute, like I admit it wasn't what I expected and the powers concept can be better executed (I was thinking like MAMA haha), but seeing the boys so happy in the video made me really happy. The Power choreo is definitely one of my favs, anyway power really is a very uplifting song :)

When I first listened to Kokobop, I was quite surprised by the tune, it took me a few listens to truly get into it. Kokobop really grows on you though, like it has been months but my brain would time and again suddenly go 'IT GOES DOWN DOWN BABY' Plus the reggae is super refreshing and oddly calming while being hype hahha

I guess ultimately I am not the biggest fan of EDM so as time passes I did not enjoy Power as much as I enjoy Kokobop, plus I grew to really love Kokobop HAHHA

so kokobop wins !!

minisis and B-loved like this.
  14. B-loved

B-loved Baekhyun appa's baby girl

Worshiping Baekhyun's existence
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    this basically /baeknod
    I love the vocals in kokobop too. Baek's voice at the beginning /faintingsoo

minisis and parkyeols like this.
  15. junmyown

junmyown Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    It kinda hard for me to choose because in kokobop the drop is too long, especially the 2nd drop. Soo in the performance i feel like i listen to the fanchant more than exo singing. But i like the reggae vibes in kkb. For the mv, i prefer kkb more than power, but kai's hair is kinda... yeah.

And for power, i like the performance. Bcs exo is smiley when they perform. And the song vibe. But for me, power is less memorable (?) than kkb. And for the mv is.. too much sound effect in it. But, i like the 2nd half part of the mv, when the egg robot is gone lol. And exo appearance on the mv and performance is 10/10

But in the end, i choose kokobop because i cant stop listening to it. Even though with all that drop in it. Hehe

minisis likes this.
  16. yeoℓℓing

yeoℓℓing Chanyeol's mom fan

PCY's stressed-out mom
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The vocals in Ko Ko Bop (or just The War in general, really) were /laycri I can’t say I have listened to a lot of reggae before, but still the song was rather refreshing ngl
    And Power... oh boy, my nerdy ass fucking love Power /taoyay I still remember waking up at 4 in the morning for the MV release and thinking “holy shit” over and over again at the intro... /laycri Honestly, I just really love the concept and how fun and lighthearted the MV was - I like to think that EXO basically went “fuck those dark deep aesthetic MV we’re gonna give our fans something fun and enjoyable that doesn’t require overanalyzing” (SM when will you release that Power behind the scene that we deserve /kyungsoojudging)
    As for the performance, I stand my ground: the Power choreography is one of the best things that have happened since Love Me Right /baekcri Fight me

17. hunnieverse

hunnieverse Casual Fan

sehun's girl
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I personally love both songs & I think choosing one from them would be like picking my favorite child ;~;
    both songs are fit for different moods such how KOKOBOP is the kind of song you would want to listen to if you wanna let go, and enjoy a cold summer night. It's very catchy and groovy and somehow you find yourself just dancing along with it and probs doing the kokobop challenge =)) as for POWER it's a song that you can listen to when you're down, and lazy! i find it really motivational and i can't help but smile when I see the boys dancing it with a smile on their faces.

18. Siros

Siros Nugu Oppa

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Kokobop wasn't my thing tbh. Power tho, love the song and the choreo. My fav EXO song from 2017

19. ksoo

ksoo Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    i love both! but seeing the boys perform power with big smiles on their faces makes me love power more

20. xingtuary

xingtuary Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sing For YouReloaded I (Luhan)Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Hey Mama! (EXO-CBX)Lose Control (Lay)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)
    definitely power it’s just really fun and gives me a lot of good feelings