List of daesang winners in Korean music history

Discussion in '2016 Awards Season' started by Kpopwatcher, Dec 21, 2016.

1. aeriStar

aeriStar Diehard Fan

Housewife at Exo's dorm
    Chogi₩ons:
    I'm so proud of them, I hope at last one daesang at gda or sma

2. Shin

Shin Diehard Fan

Bae's enthusiast
    Chogi₩ons:
    that list will be update soon /dyonachos

3. huni

huni Aeri

Chogi₩ons:
    Legends

•ri• likes this.
  4. chloesapphire

chloesapphire Translator Translator

EXO's Queen
    Chogi₩ons:
    not related to the topic:
    hey adda, just saw your post on OH about the disk bonsang of GDA. sadly cbx and lay wont be included because shady gda decides to change the criteria to albums with 6 different songs or above. this can perfectly avoid nominating both albums because "lose control" has MYM acoustic ver /kyungsoojudging award shows cannot be more shady tbh, smh~ gda wont let exo win too many awards. if they get 3 bonsangs, then they will kind of lack diversity and they dont want this to happen. i hope you get what i mean. /pcywave

5. adda

adda Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    lol ... so they've changed their criteria this year just to not give 3 awards to Exo members? :)
    I didn't know. Ok, so, the best selling solo album of the year and the best selling unit album of the year won't get anything at GDA- an award show based on sales. If they did this, than we can expect other unpleasant surprises.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    chloesapphire likes this.
  6. chloesapphire

EXO's Queen
    Chogi₩ons:
    they also said they will tell whether repackage will be counted or not after dec. so they are seeing whether for life can break records. gda is so obvious lol /sehuntea

yeah dont put your expectations too high /suhojudge

7. Nicklaus

Nicklaus EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    It'd be hard for them to turn out like MMA and MAMA because they only have the 1 daesang each :D I understand (but don't agree with) splitting the daesangs between the most popular groups when there are several to give.... but when there is only 1, it'd be reeeeeally hard for them to justify not giving it to the group with the most album sales and the most digital downloads in kpop this year #EXO /baekcri

8. Nicklaus

Nicklaus EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    That list is correct for exo from memory, so why do some fans say they have 16 daesangs? :eek: like the official EXO thread on OH has 16 in their thread title don't they?

9. Nicklaus

Nicklaus EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Imagine how many daesangs they will have by the time they are 10 years old /baekcri/baekcri kings

10. Kpopwatcher

Kpopwatcher Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    I am confused, too.

Maybe fans count Growl's Song of the Year win in KBS Song Festival (KBS Gayo Daechukje) by the end of 2013. That was the last time KBS Gayo Daechukje granted such award in the show.

Or, maybe fans count Overdose's Album of the Year win in SBS Gayo Daejun by the end of 2014. That was the only time SBS Gayo Daejun granted awards in the show.

11. froyomin

froyomin EXO-L

Coming soon
    Chogi₩ons:
    This record is really hard to beat, good luck for the challengers.

12. zexodus

zexodus Dedicated Fan

24 *dabs*
    Chogi₩ons:
    they were a one year group and archived an album of the year in 2013. I stan the living legend yall, my mama gonna be so proud of me /shypcy

13. zexodus

zexodus Dedicated Fan

24 *dabs*
    Chogi₩ons:
    EXO have so many talents and powers, they are afraid to give them awards. i am laughing at the same time feeling bitter. Solo Xing King deserves so much, as so do CBX.

14. Aeri456

Aeri456 Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    It's so funny seeing various award shows this year changing their criteria just to make sure EXO doesn't dominate the whole award shows. Sad tbh. If EXO did great and deserve the awards, then just freaking give it to them.

They try so hard to alter their criteria it's frustrating. So far the most frustrating was Melon. Gave out criteria but dumb enough not to follow it. Next time just put "Internal Data" as the criteria. Stupid.

I can't wait to see what's gonna happen at SMA and GDA. The numbers don't lie. Deep down everyone knows the winner.. but we'll see..

Anyway! I'm so proud of our babies!!! People call them the daesang harvester machine for a reason!

Debuted in 2012 but already have so many daesangs. What kind of legends.

This is a record that will be hard to beat! No matter what happens to EXO in the future, they already placed their marks in the industry.

YeyeWalkways likes this.
  15. Kpopwatcher

Kpopwatcher Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    I am afraid about SMA and GDA, too. EXO have won daesang at both in the past three years, which is already a record. This year the industry has seen the rise of a lot of younger groups, remarkably Twice (for digital) and BTS (for physical). If SMA and GDA both want a brand-new name to win daesang, not a second-generation group and especially not the familiar guest EXO, they will choose Twice and BTS. By doing this, they think they will prevent award shows from getting boring and give opportunities to more idols.

Frankly, if EXO continue to win daesang at SMA or GDA, it is just another jewel in their crown. Their place is the Pantheon of Kpop is more solidified. However, if the daesang winning streak of EXO ends at both SMA and GDA this year, I will not be disappointed too much. It just makes EXO work harder for a greater comeback in the future.

It is hard to predict 2017. Giants like Big Bang (already), TVXQ, SNSD and Super Junior are coming back while trending groups like Twice, GFriend and BTS continue to rise. Even first-generation idols like Sechs Kies and S.E.S have come back to life! Standing between the older-generation giants and trending groups, EXO will be still in the spotlight for sure.

16. adda

adda Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    EXO needs a smashing hit next year. A hit + good sales will prevent award ceremonies from opening hidden agendas.
    The numbers don't lie, but we have seen what happened at MMA this year, what strange and hidden formulas they've used that nobody can understand. So, theoretically anything can happen at SMA and GDA. The last female group who won at SMA was SNSD in 2011, but there wasn't such a discrepancy between their sales and boy group sales. Although Twice has an impressive number of sales, there is still a big difference in sales compared with Exo. Exo's physical are stronger than boy groups physicals from 2011. Also, considering Exo were everywhere this year- albums, collaborations, OSTs...I think they have a high chance of winning. But if Twice will receive the top award, well .. that's it , 2016 is the year they rose to fame. They also deserve recognition. I hope Exo will pleasantly surprise next year when is their 5th anniversary.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  17. MAMA

MAMA Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:

/subaekpray

18. MAMA

MAMA Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    So if EXO release mini album it won't be nominated ?

19. zexodus

zexodus Dedicated Fan

24 *dabs*
    Chogi₩ons:

I want to hug this comments. I am feeling so emo, exo owned my feelings since dec. 2013.

20. chloesapphire

EXO's Queen
    Chogi₩ons:
    according to the new criteria of gda, it has to be an album with 6 DIFFERENT songs or above :rolleyes: