Comeback Official ⚔ The War ⚔ Comeback Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by tan, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exocℓipse

exocℓipse My universe revolves around you ☆彡
    Awards Team Dyonation

Tragic-Badge™ Fighter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureLay (Monster)LottoLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Tao's SignatureMonodrama (Lay)For LifeThe Road (Z.Tao)
    Yeah it's yester in Korea time that's why I said so /kailol

Xiuxiuminnie likes this.
  2. Xiuxiuminnie

Bunny Kingdom

EXO-L
    Putting songs to EXO performances via Tubedubber
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The War: Power of MusicRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Monodrama (Lay)Crush U (EXO-CBX)Lotto (Chinese Ver.)Girls (EXO-CBX)Hey Mama! (EXO-CBX)
    #362 Xiuxiuminnie, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Oh. I forgot.

I'd post The Eve practice video...but, uh, I have a lot of things open.

Practice Video for The Eve:

Suho was right about the MV being about drugs.

Why else would Chen be flinging Cheetos and doing the puff puff pass hand signal?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gliese likes this.
  3. Xiuxiuminnie

Bunny Kingdom

EXO-L
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The War: Power of MusicRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Monodrama (Lay)Crush U (EXO-CBX)Lotto (Chinese Ver.)Girls (EXO-CBX)Hey Mama! (EXO-CBX)
    #363 Xiuxiuminnie, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY, EXO-L!

Gliese and VeggieBaecon like this.
  4. Gliese

Gliese Aeri
    Dyonation

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #364 Gliese, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Welp somehow I didn't receive any alert for replies on this thread so here goes a super belated response /krisdone
    I think I didn't make myself clear enough when I describe the 'loudness' in the track, you can refer to this reddit thread for a better explanation of what I meant to say for Alone/HA. Anyway now that I've had What U do on rotation for quite some time I don't feel the same ear grating effect I've felt earlier anymore? Not sure how that happened but it's a good thing I guess. And I agree about Run This! Production quality on japanese bsides are quite alright from what I've seen in other groups (afterschool, vixx, block b) so that really took me by surprise, the whole track is such a hot mess

Your suggestion of him to cover muse tho /laylaugh I'm totally not up to my fave murdering another fave's masterpieces with his english pronunciation, but if he can do that woo woo woo yeah x3 bridge in TiRO while arching his neck back like Matt does during live performances then sign me tf up

Your description I'm cackling /kailol /kailol anw I feel like Going Crazy should belong to Exodus instead of The War. Very similar vibe to ED and Transformer

You're talking about that adlib around 3:15 right? Sounds like Baek to me, also keeping live performances in mind I don't think they'd arrange the song in such a way that the background adlib and the main vocal track are coming from the same person, so since Jongdae is already singing his line around that time that high note probably comes from someone else

I'd say it's a little bit overproduced rather than just well-produced /laylaugh but to each their own
    I really love the direction they were aiming at for WUD combining the funky albeit slightly generic electric guitar riff and house beats, but the chorus just doesn't pack enough punch with all that repeated saranghae~

Xiuxiuminnie likes this.
  5. Xiuxiuminnie

Bunny Kingdom

EXO-L
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    WUD doesn't irritate me as much as it did the first few listens. Seems you feel the same way now.
    WUD's production reminded me of One By One by Taemin (just Taemin's track was slower...but I think the guitar wailing effect was also used in it, minus the SARANGHAE IROKE OOH OOH OOH thing).

Ugh, I wish they'd re-record Run This cause it sounds like it'd be a good song if not for that sub-par production...in the audio. Even worse than Going Crazy.

Is it weird that Going Crazy sounded more like a CBX song? Though I do enjoy Chanyeol's -sort-of- sing-songy rap portion. It was different than what he usually does. Nice. I'm a fan of all of Chanyeol's ventures. /shypcy

It kind of has the same tempo as King & Queen by CBX for their Japanese album Girls. /chensweat Funniest thing is that King & Queen is known as one of the tracks that sounds more fitting for an EXO album.

Going Crazy also reminds me of All In (during some parts) by Monsta X. /kyungsoojudging I like both songs. Granted AI has less issues.
    I hadn't thought of that in regards to the vocals. You have me rethinking about Chen being the one that sings the high portion and instead have me agreeing that it is Baekhyun.

YES, I WANT CHEN TO DO THAT PART. /wtfsehun Idk who Matt is but same.
    Chanyeol already half-covered Creep by Radiohead and they left in the 'YOU'RE SO FUCKING SPECIAL' in EXO Showtime. LEGENDS ONLY. /baeknod He covered the same song for that Dating Alone show (RIP), minus the part where the expletive comes in, lol.

Side-note: I was also not getting notifications for replies, too, for a while there. /krisdone

exocℓipse likes this.
  6. Gliese

Gliese Aeri
    Dyonation

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    CHILL IS SUCH A FUCKING BOP DONT FITE ME ON THIS /sehunjam/chenjam/dancelay/sehunlotto PLUS THE RISE OF RAP GOD SOO

Your One by One comment was spot on! Granted the guitar was amplified for stylistic effect, but it's true it was quite overdone in some parts and distracts listeners from the vocals. WUD isn't nearly that bad tho, and also I love that I can hear the bassline so clear in it!

I really can't see Going crazy as a CBX song tbh /chensweat their sound leans more to the funk/retro side imo rather than electronic judging from all their releases except for Diamond crystal being a ballad and King & Queen, which strongly reminds me of Devine Channel compositions with the instrumental style and arrangement. It really sounds like something vixx would release, totally can imagine it on any of their last 3 EPs

And yes can we just have Chanyeol dropping more random covers on his soundcloud?? I know he's a muse fan too so can we please have a chenyeol muse cover/mashup/anything pretty please with a cherry on top /subaekpray also Matt is Muse's frontman!

exocℓipse and Xiuxiuminnie like this.
  7. Xiuxiuminnie

Bunny Kingdom

EXO-L
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I think Chanyeol produced part of Chill (music-wise, not just his rap). Did you notice that during the SHOW YA (SeHo) part, it sounds like Linkin Park-ish chords (Whenever I think of the SHOW YA part, my mind goes to One Step Closer)? I've been thinking about that a lot lately. /runsuho

Ah, you're right. Maybe it was cause it was featured in Chen's teaser, my mind just equated Chen (and CBX) with the song. Oddly, my mind doesn't equate other songs with other members the same way (member + teaser), except Chill.

I can't wait for November (Thank you, Spoiler Fairy Sehun) for the new tour. Obviously, Ko Ko Bop and The Eve (just assuming since there's already a dance) will be in the set list, but I'd also like Chill + Touch It.
    Maybe squeeze in Forever or Diamond.

YES, I want more SoundCloud covers from Chanyurr. Chen would be a treat for one, too. /chenjam

I don't follow Muse...so.../dancelay Only know one or two songs. /kailol

exocℓipse likes this.
  8. Gliese

Gliese Aeri
    Dyonation

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    He directed the recording also right? Sehun said something about Yeol giving him directions while recording iirc. Everyone involved in this track did a pretty solid job tbh I love it when a song challenges me to figure it out and once I catch the flow of it and start jamming it was such an awesome moment of enlightenment /sehunjam last time this happened was with Jonghyun's She Is

I don't see the connection with LP, is it because of the guitar? Anw fuck yes exoplanet 4 is gonna be lit af, I can already imagine Chill being performed in the party/EDM set following Two Moons /dancelay/sehunlotto and if Touch It doesn't get a live performance I will personally threaten Jaewon

9. Xiuxiuminnie

Bunny Kingdom

EXO-L
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Yes, it was because of the guitar. EXO doesn't really have a whole lot of guitars in their music - going by tracks...I know a few do, but it's still rare.

Also, lol@ 'erotic thoughts' in the Mandarin version of Chill for Chanyeol's rap.
    I kind of wonder who decided to add the piano into the song. It almost tricks you into thinking it's gonna turn into a church-like breakdown. Then you're hit with the SHOW YA /sehunlotto/princesssuho SHOW YAAA, etc.
    Yes, yes, there was a piano in the beginning, but the atmosphere became more religious-feeling the 2nd time it went to the chorus. /legendarybaek

I'm ready and also not ready for the next tour. /sehunignore/baeknod
    COME ON, THEY HAVE TO HAVE A LIVE PERFORMANCE FOR TOUCH IT.
    Yooo, I also want the single release for the track with HunXiuYeol.
    /laycri

exocℓipse likes this.
  10. Gliese

Gliese Aeri
    Dyonation

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I'm having mood whiplash looking at your replies here and on the thirst thread /shookyeol
    Now I can't unhear the church-ness when I hear the piano /kailol and yasss more guitar sounds! And bass too hehe I can't even describe how happy I felt hearing the Hey Mama instrumentals back when that troll subunit teaser first came out, the bassline is just pure love /hearteyes

Think I'm gonna need to take a minute to pray for myself when they finally perform Touch It /laylaugh and yeah all the rap line songs, @SM when will exology 2 and 3 come thru because we're growing old already

11. Xiuxiuminnie

Bunny Kingdom

EXO-L
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I legit thought Chill was gonna lead into either a genre like the song Stronger from EX'ACT or it was going to lead into a thriller-type (suspenseful) of genre akin to murder mystery cues. That ending piano was like the title - chilling. You hear that piano strike and you just jump like - what the hell, EXO!? Trying to kill me by making me paranoid.

Hey Mama!'s bass reminded me of L'Arc~En~Ciel's Lover Boy. Just LB is slower. /princesssuho They both have a summer-feel to them, too.

THE GUITAR IS WHY RUN THIS NEEDS TO BE RE-RECORDED, SM. /walksoo
    Tac Tix sounds like an anime OP from the 80's, but that's why I enjoy it. Baekhyun's vocals near the end. /legendarybaek Cause of the ratataratata (?), sometimes I mishear the lyrics as Rat-Tactics.

Man, I'm sorry for the whiplash. Gotta go somewhere to do that type of thing, though. /pleasedsoo

I read the translation for the comments on the tracks for this album and it seems that Forever is a performance that XiuHun want and Diamond is the performance that Chen wants for their concert.

[​IMG]

Those comments about Touch It. /legendarybaek/legendarybaek

[​IMG]

I think Kai indirectly suggested that he wanted to perform Chill on stage, too.

I agree. They should release the rap line's songs, but especially Do It Together.

GACHI GACHI HEY

exocℓipse likes this.
  12. Xiuxiuminnie

Bunny Kingdom

EXO-L
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EXO WON THEIR 10TH AWARD FOR KO KO BOP TODAY.

They also got 100 music show wins or something.

/cryexol/cryexol/cryexol

exocℓipse and Saracolli97 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.