Official Exo Fanart Thread

Discussion in 'Studio' started by PanicInParadise, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pauline Kim

Pauline Kim Casual Fan

exo's supporter and protector
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    These are amazing! How I wish I can also make fanarts as beautiful and amazing like these.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[/QUOTE]

PanicInParadise and xbyunyeol like this.
  2. PanicInParadise

PanicInParadise Dedicated Fan

Fanartist/ Interior design student
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    [/QUOTE]

thank you so so much<3

StrongWind_1994 and Pauline Kim like this.
  3. YoshiPinkFox

YoshiPinkFox Casual Fan

Wannabe Freelance Artist, Full time Aeri
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    This is my only fanart I have right now I think. Might have some done by pencils and watercolor but at the moment this is the only one.
    /baekfab It's a bit bad quality cause of deviantart but you can see what it is /kailol

[​IMG]

exomline and PanicInParadise like this.
  4. PanicInParadise

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    It looks so soft and fluffy /tripleheart/tripleheart/tripleheart

YoshiPinkFox likes this.
  5. YoshiPinkFox

YoshiPinkFox Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Thanks haha, but I noticed I use too much of the blur tool. I'm too afraid of sharp lines /kailol
    And I had problems with drawing the hair cause I lose my patience quickly.

Otherwise I think I did pretty good~ /sehunjam/baekfab

I just gotta practice more and maybe try to find my own style or something but I'm really bad at it. My anxiety is hitting me I usually don't post most of my art. /suhojudge/legendarybaek

6. Lintu

Lintu Casual Fan

artist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Well hello there my fellow finnish artist! :D
    I agree with you, you did really good with that Baek fanart, but don't be afraid of sharp lines. Try different ways and styles, new things, and that's how you will find your own style. Looking at tutorials and such can be a big help too. :)
    Also would like to see some of your traditional pieces!

YoshiPinkFox likes this.
  7. YoshiPinkFox

YoshiPinkFox Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    OMG, I saw your username before and I was like, is this person finnish or is it just a coincidence that their name is Lintu. I thought about asking you in PM but then I was too shy and just went on about my life. /kailol

Yeah, I've really been trying to improve myself lately. I didn't start doing digital until last May when I got my drawing tablet as a birthday gift so I'm still somewhat new to drawing digitally. I've been checking out tutorials and stuff recently and I have watched other artists speed paints slowed down to see how they do their digital art to hopefully find some tricks they use.

I actually feel like for me it's really hard to find the art style of my own cause I love so many styles and all that and then I don't know what I feel most comfortable with and so on. I'm probably still a long way from finding it but I'm working hard~!
    /shookyeol

I think my traditional art looks really messy and my only EXO fanarts are from like Growl era. So old haha. I'm still proud that I managed to do those back then for my age tho. I'm not at home right now tho cause I'm visiting my cousin in Iisalmi so I can't take pics and upload them on my deviantart or anything. But I'll try to remember once I get home cause I probably still have them somewhere.
    /cutebaek

Lintu likes this.
  8. PanicInParadise

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I used to be afraid of sharp lines as well but slowly I got out of my comfort zone and did more sharp drawings so don't be afraid to do the same ^^ itt might take a while so take your time. As for the style thing..I am also struggling to find a style but I'll keep drawing till I find it so you should do the same :D

Lintu likes this.
  9. YoshiPinkFox

YoshiPinkFox Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I hope I'll get out of my comfort zone soon and start doing sharper paintings. At some point while I was painting I had some sharp lines there and I liked it for that while but then ended up blurring some stuff up. It looked fine even with the blurring on my screen until I uploaded to deviantart tho. I wonder what happened.

Oh also, I've been having trouble finding a good resolution for digital art. Yours seemed really good so I wanted to ask you what resolution do you usually use? Or if you don't have a specific one you use then any recommendation?

PanicInParadise likes this.
  10. Lintu

Lintu Casual Fan

artist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    It's okay to talk to me anytime, I don't bite (only with permission). /grimace

Damn let me just say you're doing really good if you've started doing digital art last May /eyes Hmm maybe you should mix styles you like or even develop two different styles or more (like for example, i have realistic style and freestyle and they change all the time).
    Old or not, I'd still like to see some of them b/c Im a sucker for traditional art :oops:

11. PanicInParadise

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    well I mostly use a certain format for my art. I do A3 pieces most of the time since they work the best for the portraits that I am making and the resolution is really good. Also I like to go into details like drawing eyelashes so a big resolution is necessary. So usually my resolution is 300px smetimes higher

YoshiPinkFox likes this.
  12. YoshiPinkFox

YoshiPinkFox Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Yeah, like I knew you are probably a nice person but then my social anxiety kind of kicked in. It's pretty bad when it's like I have to face to face socialize, I'm usually much better through internet but there is still that anxiety that I am a bit afraid of taking contact with anyone myself.

And thanks for being so encouraging~ I actually really like the kind of realistic comic style but I also like the kind of dolly looking drawings. But then sometimes I really like to challenge myself to do more realistic art. I just really love a lot of different styles and I'm like. Gosh what do I want in my own style? How do I make the kind of art that feels like it's really mine and it's really my own style?
    I keep thinking about these things but I never seem to make up my mind.

And yeah, once I get home I'm gonna dig up those drawings and take pics if I remember to. I should be home like 7th or 8th~ /cutebaek

13. exomline

exomline Casual Fan

fanartist/makeup artist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    oof i just saw this thread and thought i should share some of my digital and traditional artwork!! you can find more of my art on my twitter (@exomiine) and i occasionally post on my instagram (@alexvelour)!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. YoshiPinkFox

YoshiPinkFox Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I might try with that size and resolution then someday~ I've been really having problems with what could be a good resolution. Like I tried googling something, all I got was that dpi should be 300 or more if you do like digital painting and stuff but I was never sure of what size would be good. Thanks, I'm gonna try and see if my laptop can run that resolution, cause it's getting a bit old and slow by now.
    /deathstarexiu I just wanna tell it to get it together at times.

Thanks for the help tho! /chenheart/kaikiss

15. PanicInParadise

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    wow these pieces are really good <3 I really like the traditional ones especially since that's a medium I am not good at and find it difficult to master
    Followed you on twitter! :)

16. PanicInParadise

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    it's quite a big resolution. My laptop doesn't really like it either lol. (it actually dies when I go for bigger ones like A0 files lol) so that's why I am mostly drawing on pc since it can handle it better

YoshiPinkFox likes this.
  17. Lintu

Lintu Casual Fan

artist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    If it's not too much to ask, maybe we could talk somewhere else, like use some messaging app if you have any? :oops:

What also helps with finding your own style is not to think about it too much, just draw and draw and one day you'll realized you've developed your own style.. At least that helped with me :D

YoshiPinkFox likes this.
  18. YoshiPinkFox

YoshiPinkFox Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    If only I had a pc that I could draw on. Sadly my pc is is in a place where if I wanted to draw with the tablet I would have to sit on the floor and stare at a huge tv like 30 cm away from me and from a bad angle. It's like that because I usually play MMORPG games so it's nice to have a huge screen and to play while sitting down on my couch bed. I really can't wait to have my own place and a good table where I can have a good computer and all. If only time flied faster.

19. YoshiPinkFox

YoshiPinkFox Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Yeah, we totally can, I have whatsapp and kakao but I don't really use kakao anymore. I guess I have instagram but that's not really good for messaging. What apps do you use, cause I can probably just download one?

Then, I'll take your advice and just try drawing and drawing until I find it~ /chenheart

20. PanicInParadise

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #520 PanicInParadise, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    First fanart of the year :)