Finished Official LOVE ME RIGHT Era - all badges have been uploaded!

Discussion in 'Aeriverse Awards' started by Sasha, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girl_who_cried_chen

girl_who_cried_chen jongdae's teddy ᵔᴥᵔ

Dae 악개
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #81 girl_who_cried_chen, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Listen, no hard feelings but that is what I make out of the rules. Also, I know that the OP sometimes edits the final badge if it's color, sharpness or cropping doesn't fit what they had in mind and I'm totally okay with that. But I think suggesting the same picture but only cropped different isn't the intention of suggestion badges. Maybe I'm wrong but how uncool would it be if a person takes your five submissions alters them a bit and then goes here are my 'unique' suggestions. You only took one but I think you get the point. But again maybe I'm wrong. It's just that I can't remember seeing this in badge suggestions. Edits by the OP yes, but not suggestion edits claiming as an unique suggestion.

2. Mogwai

Mogwai Aeri

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTOverdose (EXO-M)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)Chen's Signature
    What? I never intended it as a "unique" suggestion, or claim it as my own, it was just a badge suggestion. I even directly cited you for the original picture suggestion. Plus I already apologised for infringing any rules. Awards team can simply ignore my official suggestion, and/or add it as an alternate 1a/1b thing, where befitting the rules and situation. I honestly don't care about any ownership over a suggestion, and was just filling in the form to keep things sorted. I was just helping with coming up with a badge that would please as many people as possible among those who would possibly want a Chen LMR era badge. And since that badge won on OH, I figured that users here might like it as well. It wasn't intended as a personal attack in the slightest.

3. girl_who_cried_chen

Dae 악개
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I know it wasn't your intention and I'm probably wrong. But I thought you could only submit the same picture twice when it was completely different, like black and white or so. And as much as I appreciate you citing me, what's the point really? In the end it's your badge. Also, in my opinion OH has nothing to do with it. This is AV where I suggested this one, and where the OP is free to ask me to centre or edit it to their liking. They ask that all the time. Nothing new. But really it's okay, I'm probably wrong about the whole thing and the rules. Just leave it, it's fine.

4. xiuchenℓaydo

xiuchenℓaydo Nugu Floppy Bird
    Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureLay (Monster)LottoLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Tao's SignatureMonodrama (Lay)For LifeThe Road (Z.Tao)
    I'm sorry for the confusion in the OP. We do allow alternate suggestions for the same badge such as alternate cropping, so that people can have a chance to improve suggested badges for better quality. However, through the Lotto voting period we received multiple suggestions with really similar crops, so we took it as people didn't notice their suggestions had been made by other people already. We added the policy this time to avoid such things from happening again, but it seems like our wording was not very clear and ended up causing misunderstandings. I apologize for causing you trouble and I hope this will answer will clarify what you were confused about earlier.

From what you have been saying, I gather that this is Chen's current official badge from OH and it was made by Thayeon?
    If it is the official badge from OH then unfortunately we can't accept it, since the badge were specifically made and already approved on OH.

lueur and girl_who_cried_chen like this.
  5. Mogwai

Mogwai Aeri

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTOverdose (EXO-M)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)Chen's Signature
    Alright then. That's cool.

xiuchenℓaydo likes this.
  6. girl_who_cried_chen

Dae 악개
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Okay, thank you for explaining and my sincere apologies that I misinterpreted the rules. They are clear to me now, all is well. /chensparkles

xiuchenℓaydo likes this.
  7. Thayeon

Thayeon Diehard Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #87 Thayeon, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    What's the deal with it being originally for OH? I made the badge and it's just a picture, regardless of being suggested in OH or not. I told Mog she could suggest it, she's not smuggling it from OH /baeknod

I don't see the logic in this suggestion not being eligible because it was also suggested in OH, or made for OH. The size and display are the same, so it may just happen that suggestions will overlap.

Also regarding crops and coloring, sometimes it's not just a matter of "fixing" but really different editing. Just like Tumblr edits, there's no "right way" of editing a picture: you may increase the reds or the blues or the magenta and the result will be a completely different color profile, which is quite different from simply cropping the picture closer or further. So imo it's fine if at this point you don't want to include it as completely different suggestions (I agree with this position), but they can be included as alternatives (like 1A and 1B) that can be voted for later if the need arises.

Being an OP for OH voting I've seen multiple cases of pictures that had badge potential but that weren't edited or cropped in a way that pleased people, and later when they were re-edited or re-cropped people realized they were a lot nicer than they had thought, so... I think people should be allowed to suggest alternate colorings/editings.

xiuchenℓaydo likes this.
  8. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureLay (Monster)LottoLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Tao's SignatureMonodrama (Lay)For LifeThe Road (Z.Tao)
    Thank you for your clarification. We thought copying and pasting mock suggestions from other sites, that belongs to other people, is prohibited, but after talking to the admins as well as reading your clarification, since the original creator (which is you) have given permissions, we can accept it.

As I explained earlier, we still allow suggestions with different cropping/editing from the same images, and we just put a reminder in the OP this time as there are many people who have suggested similar mocks without checking what was already suggested and/or have no intentions on suggesting an alternate edit. As you can see, our wording ended up causing misunderstandings like ealier and we will reword the rules next time to avoid the misunderstandings.

I apologize for the confusion and I hope this will answer your concerns.

lueur likes this.
  9. girl_who_cried_chen

Dae 악개
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #89 girl_who_cried_chen, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Okay so OH badges are also allowed here as long as you made them? Good to know.

And about the editing. The OP says not to edit them too much but when is too much? I would have loved to play around with the colours, hue, brightness, saturation etc. But I just sharpened them and put curves on them to improve light and darkness because the OP says to stay as true to the original as possible. So yeah, now my question is; when are you over-editing it? Because I would've edited my suggestions so much more knowing if it was allowed. Sorry, but it's kinda confusing.

xiuchenℓaydo likes this.
  10. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    As stated in the OP, it's better if editing methods are purposely used to improve the overall quality of the image. Therefore, if you think an image is too dark or the colour of the image looks unnatural due to the scan's quality and accuracy, it's okay to edit saturation, brightness, colours etc. to make the badge look more clear and natural.

A badge is overly edited when the colours/shade are distinctly different from the original image (colorized images, changing one colour from another, over-sharpen, high saturation, contrast, brightness, contrast etc.), when additional elements were added (hats, glasses, image being blended, etc.), when a black-and-white only image are changed into a coloured image (inaccuracy can occur), Tumblr-like edits and so on.

Again I'm sorry if any statements on the OP have caused misunderstandings and confusing you. I hope this will have you have a better idea what we meant /dumbsuho

girl_who_cried_chen likes this.
  11. girl_who_cried_chen

Dae 악개
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Okay, thank you for explaining. It is clear to me now. Sorry for the inconvenience but it was just a little confusing what was allowed and such.
    Sorry, I'm a mess. /baeknose

xiuchenℓaydo likes this.
  12. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #92 xiuchenℓaydo, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    [​IMG]

... XIUMIN, SUHO and LAY!

July 14th, 9:00 p.m. CEST - July 17th, 9:00 p.m. CEST
    I'm sorry for being late af /faintingsoo

tan likes this.
  13. zella

zella Diehard Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Overdose (EXO-K)
    username: zella
    suggestion for: Baekhyun
    original pictures: x,x
    mocks: [​IMG] [​IMG]

username: zella
    suggestion for: Chanyeol
    original pictures: x
    mocks: [​IMG]

Hyunnie Bear and xiuchenℓaydo like this.
  14. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Chanyeol looks so good in the era but many of the shoots look so awkward /lmaosuho I'll try to come up with sth

15. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #95 xiuchenℓaydo, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Username: xiuchenlaydo
    Suggestion for: Chanyeol
    Original pictures: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
    Mocks (optional):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hyunnie Bear likes this.
  16. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suggestion for: Baekhyun
    Original pictures: [1] [2]
    Mocks (optional):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hyunnie Bear likes this.
  17. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suggestion for: Chen
    Original pictures: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
    Mocks (optional):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    jhgakjhg the third and fifth one looks the same but they're actually different so /lmaosuho

Hyunnie Bear likes this.
  18. Sasha

Sasha anti-fairy
    Awards Team

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #98 Sasha, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
    [​IMG]

... BAEKHYUN, CHEN and CHANYEOL!

voting thread will be up soon

[​IMG]

... D.O., KAI and SEHUN!

Open until the end of the comeback.

Hyunnie Bear, tan and xiuchenℓaydo like this.
  19. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Thank goodness I finished just in time avhavfhgvfahvf

tan and Sasha like this.
  20. Sasha

Sasha anti-fairy
    Awards Team

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The time was up 43 minutes ago actually lmao, but since you're awards team staff /sehunignore

tan and xiuchenℓaydo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.