Announcement Regarding the RTT

Discussion in 'Rules & Announcements' started by suholy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. suholy

suholy Administrator
    Administrator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho's SignatureLay's SignatureBaekhyun's SignatureChanyeol's Signature
    [​IMG]
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

It has come to our attention that the misuse of the Random Thoughts Thread has led us to making this decision

The RTT is not a chat box and thus should not be used as one. Prolonged conversations would be better held in private, on a chat app or through DMs.

Some users are also posting member/EXO posts here in the RTT when the main EXO thread and member threads exist. It is much preferred if users move EXO-related discussion to their respective threads. The main thread and member threads is where anything EXO/member related can be discussed and is not limited to discussions about schedules/activities.

After much discussion and debate, the admin and moderator team have decided to lock and archive the current thread and start a completely new Random Thoughts Thread with stricter rules.

3 days from now we will be permanently closing this current thread. We are sorry if this decision might dissatisfy any of you, we value your opinion so if you have any concerns regarding this issue then feel free to DM one of us.

What happened earlier was a misunderstanding between staff and therefore no proper announcement was made prior to the closure of the thread.

- Admins & Moderator Team​

Gliese, candy, hela and 16 others like this.
  2. Lulakun

Lulakun Chanbaek Queen <3
    Yeorabia

Thirst Enthusiast
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Baekhyun's SignatureChanyeol's SignatureFreal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)
    I just promosed i wouldn't be angry or salty.... But which omme of yall wants to deal with my DM /laylaugh

B-loved likes this.
  3. suholy

suholy Administrator
    Administrator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    You can DM me

Lulakun likes this.
  4. yeolchens

yeolchens Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    One could say a random thoughts thread is a big old chatbox, it's just not in a smaller frame. I didn't even know that would be a problem? What made it a problem to this extent?

B-loved and Lulakun like this.
  5. Lulakun

Lulakun Chanbaek Queen <3
    Yeorabia

Thirst Enthusiast
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Baekhyun's SignatureChanyeol's SignatureFreal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)
    I love it being a chatbox...... Im really awkward when talking to people....... So the fact everyone os their and their is generally atleast one person that reploes to you its nice...

hela, B-loved and PrideInBaek like this.
  6. Nugu Vivi

Nugu Vivi Thє ℓʋηα Divineɾ
    Republic of Hun

Mother of 24 kids™
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)EX'ACTEXODUSXOXO
    So the rtt will be closed, only not now but in 3 days?

B-loved, our hyuneemoon and Lulakun like this.
  7. Junmyeoning.jpg

Junmyeoning.jpg This is Kim Junmyeon.
    Events Team Bunny Kingdom

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (EXODUS M)Suho (Love Me RIght M)Suho (Lucky One)Suho (Love Me Right K)Suho (Sing For You)Suho (EXODUS K)Suho (For Life B)Suho (Monster)
    can i ask how long a "prolonged conversation" is

and are you guys gonna be banning people from the thread if they misuse it

hela, B-loved and our hyuneemoon like this.
  8. yeolchens

yeolchens Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I'm pretty awkward too lol
    It's as you say, everyone is popping in and out of there... and I agree to the responses, it's great to get them. No one is obligated, but they do anyway and it makes it nicer.
    A forum is basically a stream of open-ended chats
    I'm not for or against RTT being archived, but I'm curious as to why it's come to this point where there needs to be an official announcement because I think a random thought can easily lead into an unintentional discussion about a member/exo/otherwise. It can't really be helped
    I think about alternatives like DMing, and that can come with "how do I continue/end this conversation" and I'm too awkward for that lol

Lulakun, hela, B-loved and 1 other person like this.
  9. Myeon_Carrot

Myeon_Carrot PokéMyeon Master
    Bunny Kingdom

Loyal Bunny Citizen
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    LottoStarlight (Suho x Remi)Suho's SignatureCurtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)
    It makes sense since the RTT has quickly turned into a sub forum on its own, and cos of that, people have been posting in official threads less, and creating less threads, which is not good for the forum in the long run. I understand the decision.

hela, kyungiexo, B-loved and 4 others like this.
  10. suholy

suholy Administrator
    Administrator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The whole point of the thread was post about random things and the staff didn't really expect for users to start making conversations with each other. At first we thought it was okay for people to chat, but then an excessive amount of quoting between users happened which led to prolonged conversations

Yes

Like excessive quoting with other users and having a full on conversation ... it's fine to quote each other, but I've seen that users back to back quote each other which creates conversations. We'll be suspending people from the new thread if they misuse it

hela, Myeon_Carrot, B-loved and 2 others like this.
  11. lucifer

lucifer
    Events Team United Kaidom

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    IMO there should be more than one official threads made to replace rtt. The staff would obviously be better at coming up with ideas (because I dumb) but I’d suggest these

- thread ideas thread. For people who are too shy to make a thread. They can just share the idea/topic and one of the nicer av users can start the discussion instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk

- random THOUGHTS thread but quoting isn’t allowed (or there is a limit)

- random discussion thread but liking or talking about exo isn’t allowed

- Kevin antis thread

- thread where you can have a general discussion about other (kpop or otherwise) artist’s music. Just music

- Share Something You Found Funny thread

Flop ideas but anyway. /chenheart

yeolchens, hela, Myeon_Carrot and 7 others like this.
  12. ℓayxings

ℓayxings Aeri
    Xingpire Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Lose Control (Lay)EX'ACTXOXOEXODUS
    I’m all for it

13. Saracolli97

Saracolli97 Exo supermacist
    Daeradise

Chen Supremacist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    GrowlMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)MAMA (EXO-M)Miracles in December (Chinese Ver.)Love Me Right (Chinese Ver.)Years (Chen x Alesso)EX'ACT (Chinese Ver.)
    As someone who used to post a lot in the rtt I can see why it would get deleted in the first place but at the same time I’ve made lots of new friends on av because of that thread. I really missed posting in that thread a lot and I was planning on coming back once school was finished for Christmas but now that I’m seeing this I’m sad to see it go but I hope you guys can clear things out as soon as possible

14. soopengi

soopengi (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)
    Administrator Xingpire

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Kris' SignatureLay's SignatureD.O.'s SignatureSehun's Signature
  15. B-loved

B-loved Baekhyun appa's baby girl
    Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    All of this.
    What's wrong about conversations? Isn't that the purpose of a forum? That's the way we make friends. I don't think only sharing superficial stuff like "oh he looks so hoooooot" or "i love this song so much" could lead to the friendships we have.
    I like this idea.

exocℓipse, hela and our hyuneemoon like this.
  16. parkyeols

parkyeols your #1 Chansoo stan
    Yeorabia

brushing Chanyeol's hair
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I think the main issue is that the other threads aren't as active? Esp when we keep quoting one another about exo stuff on rtt instead of doing it on the main threads(s).

17. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    I get that but at least it keeps the forum alive and tbh.... Who would visit every main thread in the forum? Exo are 9 members and they have 3 ex members. That's quite a lot of people to catch up on. Having new threads would be nice tho as when they appear we know something important must be going on and it's not just appreciation posts and a couple convos.

18. pika-boo

pika-boo AV's Favorite Host™

yixing's cuddle buddy
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    if you don't want to check every exo member thread that's fine and i totally accept your decision. But don't go claiming that other users wouldn't when we do know that they have done it in the past. Also if you can't go to every members thread, the least you can do is go to EXO's MT
    --- Post merged---
    you can have a conversation just as well on EXO's Main Thread

hela, our hyuneemoon and B-loved like this.
  19. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #19 B-loved, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    I didn't intend it to sound like they couldn't, I meant that to expect that is a bit too much.
    wouldn't it be the same?

hela and our hyuneemoon like this.
  20. pika-boo

pika-boo AV's Favorite Host™

yixing's cuddle buddy
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    it's justifiable to expect that much from our users, I mean you guys are the one who joined the forum knowing all the different threads on the site. It's your choice whether or not to visit all the threads, but it would be appreciated if you guys do.

As well as it being the same, it would be better to have the most active thread on the site be the main thread and not a random thread

hela, B-loved and our hyuneemoon like this.