Announcement "RTT" Alternatives

Discussion in 'Rules & Announcements' started by soopengi, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soopengi

soopengi (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)
    Administrator Xingpire

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Kris' SignatureLay's SignatureD.O.'s SignatureSehun's Signature
    [​IMG]
    I believe most of you have already seen this thread regarding the RTT.

We are sorry if this has displeased any of you, but we have decided to go with our decision. As stated, we will be bidding the current RTT farewell in 3 days. We will explain in detail when the new Random Thoughts Thread goes up, but the "rules" won't be as harsh as you'd expect. and no you won't be banned for "disobeying" them shdksgl

We know the current AV is in need of a real "chatbox" and, rather than using the RTT as a makeshift one, we were looking into other options that may suffice. Just in-amongst the staff we have come up with the following, but if you have any other ideas or suggestions, please leave them down below!

1. Start an AV Discord chat. I'm not sure about the specifics but, apparently AV did have a user run discord chat. However it quickly turned into a mess? I'm honestly not sure what happened can anyone inform me ahaha. But yeah, we were thinking of trialing an official, staff-run one. what do yall think?

2. Trial a chat-box add on. We will have to consult with the tech team/the internet about this one. Our only concern though, a chatbox addon might look weird and may not function properly

We didn't plan for this announcement to be so sudden and rushed, but miscommunication and misunderstanding between the staff has led us here. And well, sdglksjf half of us are just as confused as you are.

Please DM either me or @suholy if you have any inquiries or concerns. This was largely an admin and moderator decision so please don't take it out on other members of staff!!

Lastly, I'd just like to say that we are sorry for all the confusion and disorganisation on our side. We will see to it that this never happens again.

2. kevin

kevin EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    who ever suggested discord is smart /thinkingface

3. B-loved

B-loved Baekhyun appa's baby girl
    Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    Wouldn't that drive users even farther from the site? I think having a new random thread with some more rules would suffice, tbh. Not that the other options aren't good but they wouldn't be on this site and i think that might be counterproductive.

yeolchens, KaiRismatic, hela and 3 others like this.
  4. soopengi

soopengi (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)
    Administrator Xingpire

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    That would be true for the discord server, hence why we're so hesitant on starting one. However, for a chat-box addon, it would still very much be on the forum. It'll just be a small space for users to chat and talk/rant/scream about whatever they want.

personally I'm rooting for the chatbox option ahah if you couldn't tell

our hyuneemoon and B-loved like this.
  5. Nugu Vivi

Nugu Vivi Thє ℓʋηα Divineɾ
    Republic of Hun

Mother of 24 kids™
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)EX'ACTEXODUSXOXO
    Im against the discord one but the chatbox would be fine. Or just creating a rtt with stricter rules

6. PrideInBaek

PrideInBaek Baekhyun's Princess
    Republic of Hun

Loving Baekhyun
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    [2]
    And as for the rules... We're all connected by Exo so even in Random thoughts, discussions could go to their direction.. Some posts are just not the MT level so preventing any discussion at all about Exo would be difficult too. Maybe some rules can be in place to make sure most Exo topics stay in MT but discussions about their things like stylists/styling and topics like that may be discussed in the new thread or chat?
    Just a suggestion./happyxiu
    Second option is better amongst the two for me. Trials can be done amongst staff for a while then make it official. For now, the Kevin's thread is where Imma be at /kaikiss
    A new RTT with slightly stricter rules is the easiest, and the best option tho imo.

7. PrideInBaek

PrideInBaek Baekhyun's Princess
    Republic of Hun

Loving Baekhyun
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    And the title says "RRT Alternatives" not RTT so I got confused /baeknose

B-loved and soopengi like this.
  8. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    would we still be able to quote people?

our hyuneemoon and soopengi like this.
  9. soopengi

soopengi (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)
    Administrator Xingpire

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    We will be creating a new RTT whether we go ahead with any other options or not. We are just going to discontinue and archive the current one and start a brand new one with a new set of rules.

We have been/are currently discussing the rules for the new RTT and we'll take your advice into account! Thank you for your suggestions!! /sparkleheart/sparkleheart
    SHDGHLSDF YOU SAW NOTHIGN

hela, our hyuneemoon, B-loved and 3 others like this.
  10. soopengi

soopengi (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)
    Administrator Xingpire

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Yes you will be! We don't want to take that away from anyone. However, that being said, we would prefer not to have the same few people quoting each other for 3 pages on end. This is all still up in the air at this point, but the new rules will account for this.

11. Nugu Vivi

Nugu Vivi Thє ℓʋηα Divineɾ
    Republic of Hun

Mother of 24 kids™
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)EX'ACTEXODUSXOXO
    oh i see that's nice then

our hyuneemoon, B-loved and soopengi like this.
  12. BaekTaro

BaekTaro Rankaxo
    Events Team

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Girls (EXO-CBX)LightsaberRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Beautiful (Baekhyun)Love Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Coming Over
    I'm gonna speak as a normal user.

I never went on the RTT but with all this happening I noticed tons of people I never really talked to/saw.

I feel like I've been missing a whole world. I interact and try to post on the main threads. I just wanna say I'm sad that it seems I missed half the forum despite being so-so active on the main threads. It shouldn't be that way so I'd like to have a new RTT with more rules that encourage people to go on the main threads.

At the heart of it, I wanna interact with more AV people on the main threads so anything that pushes more users to make threads and talk is what I'd go for.

hela, Fireandice, lucifer and 8 others like this.
  13. Saracolli97

Saracolli97 Exo supermacist
    Daeradise

Chen Supremacist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    GrowlMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)MAMA (EXO-M)Miracles in December (Chinese Ver.)Love Me Right (Chinese Ver.)Years (Chen x Alesso)EX'ACT (Chinese Ver.)
    #13 Saracolli97, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Like stephanie said I feel like the discord chat is only going to drive people away from the site. It’s the same thing as the line chat but it’s more up to date then using Line and KakaoTalk combined. Besides I hardly ever see any admins monitoring the line chat whatsoever. I’m not trying to get people angry and I know that you guys are busy but sometimes I feel like there should be admins monitoring the line chat at all times and I noticed that some people invited people into the chat and they don’t have an actual account on av. I don’t want to call anyone out for it because I know that I’m going to get hate for it but I feel like it’s something that should be addressed at some point.Tbh I’m totally fine with a new rtt but with stricter rules because personally I think it’s gonna bring more people to the site and it would make the thread more lively and interesting but I also feel like it would be unfair if you guys did ever enforce banning people from not following the rules. Everyone makes mistakes and we all have to learn from as well

14. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    But most of the time other users jump in the conversation and have fun too.
    Some people even go to the convos on the profile posts, read them and join so I fail to see fault on that. I agree with some of your points like the lack of new threads and updates and I know that's due in part because of the existence of the rtt. However....I hope, this won't offend you as I mean no harm, I don't see av staff often on ANY of the threads or making new threads themselves (except for maybe 3 people) and I am a very active user. Maybe....you could help by setting the example. I know you guys are busy too, but maybe having an updating team might be good.

i'd like this too.

yeolchens, exocℓipse, hela and 4 others like this.
  15. BaekTaro

BaekTaro Rankaxo
    Events Team

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Girls (EXO-CBX)LightsaberRain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Beautiful (Baekhyun)Love Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Coming Over
    You mean me myself and I.

Don't call me out on the updates thread too I slacking im sorry don't hurt me

/suhochoke

But in seriousness we'll try to make more threads for ppl to discuss news. I have made multiple threads for exos dramas/variety shows and yalls won't ever watch with me!

You know my heart hurt when no one wanted to watch Luhans drama or even "eat well"... Or "maru maru to shin douga" guys!! GUYS!! /laycri/taocri

16. dandylions

dandylions Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The RTT thread is such a big part of the forum, most of the users might run off to the discord server and neglect the forum itself. And I'm saying this as someone who just joined like 10 days ago /laugh

The chatbox might be cool, but again, might prevent users from making threads and discussing exo related stuff. Maybe the chatbox can be used only on specific days (e.g. weekends) for aeriverse users to release stress from real life? Is there such an option lol

A stricter RTT thread is good! Maybe limit the amount of times a user can post, quote someone etc. Like when a user replies to someone to many times, tell them to carry out the convo in private?

Also maybe create specific threads for other stuff. Random is too generalised, it can be anything and everything. Threads for food, fashion etc. (whatever people talk about in the RTT thread idk I'm new, suggestions?)

yeolchens, exocℓipse, hela and 4 others like this.
  17. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sorry /trappedsoo

hela, our hyuneemoon and BaekTaro like this.
  18. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Chensexual

Kim Jongdae
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The WarLose Control (Lay)Lay's SignatureChen's SignatureHey Mama! (EXO-CBX)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)
    I don't have any suggestions at the moment. I just want a place to safely leave my random thoughts where I know I won't be attacked. I suppose a new RTT would be the best option out of the ones that have been provided us.
    As for the same few users quoting each other, I don't see the problem with that. In the RTT other users were free to join the conversation at any time, as opposed to a discussion held in a PM, and that was the fun of it.

KaiRismatic, hela, Nugu Vivi and 2 others like this.
  19. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    but that's the way we've made friends and tbh.... To me, this is the reason I stay here. I could see exo updates just by following twitter accounts, it's the conversations that keep me going and the promise of new friends.

as other user said.... It's awkward because at some point you have nothing left to say and finishing a conversation can be hard or even starting the pm in itself.

20. yeolniceskirt

yeolniceskirt Dedicated Fan
    Yeorabia

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sehun's SignatureSuho's SignatureKai's SignatureChanyeol's Signature
    • HAVING A DISCORD CHAT WOULD BE DOPE BUT HAVE LIKE STRICT RULES SO NO DRAMA OCCURS
    • i'm sorry but, what's the point of this exo forum if you guys are only going to use RTT, it sounds like you guys only go on AV because of the RTT which is sad because the staff put in a lot of work to make this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.