Announcement "RTT" Alternatives

Discussion in 'Rules & Announcements' started by soopengi, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saracolli97

Saracolli97 Exo supermacist
    Daeradise

Chen Supremacist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    GrowlMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)MAMA (EXO-M)Miracles in December (Chinese Ver.)Love Me Right (Chinese Ver.)Years (Chen x Alesso)EX'ACT (Chinese Ver.)
    I understand what you mean but I think that’s solely the reason why people joined av in the first place just to be updated on things related to exo in general.

our hyuneemoon and B-loved like this.
  2. B-loved

B-loved Baekhyun appa's baby girl
    Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    i do post a lot out of the rtt and, maybe we do, maybe we joined av to make friends to have conversations and fangirl with.

exocℓipse and our hyuneemoon like this.
  3. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)Take You Home (Baekhyun)
    but isn't interaction the point of a forum? Most of our convos are about exo and just us fangirling/fanboying in general.

4. yeolniceskirt

yeolniceskirt Dedicated Fan
    Yeorabia

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sehun's SignatureSuho's SignatureKai's SignatureChanyeol's Signature
    yea there's nothing wrong with making friends on here
    but, from what i'm seeing the staff just want more activity on the MT rather than the RTT.

our hyuneemoon, B-loved and BaekTaro like this.
  5. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    and I agree with that. I'm a bit dissapointed by the lack of updates on this site, too, and I make threads whenever I find something interesting but I mostly follow my bias' fan accounts so I'm mostly at his thread but it's not always just cheering, sometimes we share our thoughts and feelings about Baekhyun and the stuff exo releases there too, so we end up quoting each other for days.

6. Saracolli97

Daeradise

Chen Supremacist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    GrowlMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)MAMA (EXO-M)Miracles in December (Chinese Ver.)Love Me Right (Chinese Ver.)Years (Chen x Alesso)EX'ACT (Chinese Ver.)
    Exactly but sometimes there’s people who talk about other boy/girl groups when it’s solely an exo forum

exocℓipse, KaiRismatic and B-loved like this.
  7. soopengi

soopengi (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)
    Administrator Xingpire

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Kris' SignatureLay's SignatureD.O.'s SignatureSehun's Signature
    WE WILL BE MAKING A NEW RTT WITH A NEW SET OF RULES REGARDLESS!!

and a chatbox or a discord chat would be a bonus you know?

We are still in the process of making said “rules” so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

this is all a hecking mess

8. yeolniceskirt

yeolniceskirt Dedicated Fan
    Yeorabia

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sehun's SignatureSuho's SignatureKai's SignatureChanyeol's Signature
    you can always reach out them thru other social media platforms (hence why the staff are thinking of creating alternative ways in which you can reach out to them) where you can talk endlessly without spamming the RTT and making it look like a chat box which is really unnecessary. the point of the RTT was to post random things not to have full on conversations

BaekTaro likes this.
  9. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    oh that. but isn't that allowed in the random section anyway? Also.... sometimes it's just talking about music in general and sharing some likes.

Nugu Vivi likes this.
  10. Nugu Vivi

Nugu Vivi Thє ℓʋηα Divineɾ
    Republic of Hun

Mother of 24 kids™
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Freal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)EX'ACTEXODUSXOXO
    but as long as their discussion stay out of the all threads minus the rtt ant the ot ones I don't see the problem with it tbh

PrideInBaek, B-loved and parkyeols like this.
  11. parkyeols

parkyeols your #1 Chansoo stan
    Yeorabia

brushing Chanyeol's hair
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Yeah it's allowed

B-loved likes this.
  12. Junmyeoning.jpg

Junmyeoning.jpg This is Kim Junmyeon.
    Events Team Bunny Kingdom

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (EXODUS M)Suho (Love Me RIght M)Suho (Lucky One)Suho (Love Me Right K)Suho (Sing For You)Suho (EXODUS K)Suho (For Life B)Suho (Monster)
    as other people said, i don't like the discord idea either because it drives traffic away from the site (and, personally speaking, i don't use that app anyway)
    idk if this is specifically referring to my question in the other thread but i was asking about bans from the thread (not the site). i saw "stricter rules" so i'm guessing there should be at least some sort of punishment if those rules are broken, no? (and by punishment i mean even if it's a tiny little thing like a mod removing a person's posts if they're OT/clogging up the thread) what would be the point of starting a new RTT and revamping the rules if the new ones weren't being enforced? wouldn't it make sense to ban a user from that thread if they still kept on abusing it (ie. farming for likes/wons, having long OT conversations, or frequently posting things that don't belong there) instead of having to give them warning after warning or just removing their posts over and over? shouldn't there be a line when it comes to something like this? and anyway, i guess this would be less work for the mods in the long run

and @suholy quoted me and told me that you guys will be "suspending" people from the thread if the rules are not followed so does suspending = banning in this context? on AnOtHEr SiTe that i shall not name, you can be banned from any thread for any reason but still be able to use your account on the site other than that thread. that's what i meant by my wording

13. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Chensexual

Kim Jongdae
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The WarLose Control (Lay)Lay's SignatureChen's SignatureHey Mama! (EXO-CBX)Nosedive (Dynamic Duo x Chen)
    I joined AV in order to involve myself in a Kpop community for the first time in all of my twelve or so years of Kpop. Part of AV's hold on me is indeed the RTT, where I've made several friends and feel free to chat about whatever, whenever. And part of a forum's purpose is to have conversations, so I still don't see the problem with holding discussions in the RTT. I understand the need to liven up the main threads, but that's why I chose a new RTT with stricter rules as the best alternative. I don't think it should mean we can't chat there at all.
    Even though I only occasionally drop by other EXO members' main threads, CBX and OTP threads, I DO still post in my bias' main thread (which I'm pretty certain is what many people here do, unless they don't have a bias), I've also been creating threads about notable updates or events, I try to participate in games when I'm able to, and I comment in other threads that pique my interest.
    Sometimes I don't have very many EXO-related thoughts to share outside of whatever the heck a certain couple of members are doing individually, or when there's a new album coming up, which is why I can still mainly be found in the RTT. After all, unlike other forums, AV is centered around one particular group, so I think its activity level in general should be expected to fluctuate with that of EXO's.

14. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I'm sorry, I know this is hard for you and that you're working very hard for this.

I'm probably becoming annoying at this point but what's the point of coming back to av if all the updates and all of my friends are on, let's say, twitter. Should I just come back to like a post and say "congrats", then see someone post something I'm curious about but I can't ask them to elaborate right there but I'd have to pm them so we can talk or tell them to join me somewhere else to have a discussion?
    I understand the point about the threads and updates but the part about the conversations held on av just seems like a bit too much,

15. Saracolli97

Daeradise

Chen Supremacist
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    It is but it gets to a point where it’s always talked about and there’s mass conversations out of the get go like I get why people would want to share their opinions on another artist but at least don’t do it to a point where you could offend someone with your own thoughts because sometimes you have to watch what you say before you post it. If anyone wants to communicate with me more thoroughly then you can pm me or dm on twitter

16. ℓayxings

ℓayxings Aeri
    Xingpire Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Lose Control (Lay)EX'ACTXOXOEXODUS
    READ THE OP!!!!!!!!

17. ℓayxings

ℓayxings Aeri
    Xingpire Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Lose Control (Lay)EX'ACTXOXOEXODUS
    Also it’s time to let go!

18. Junmyeoning.jpg

Junmyeoning.jpg This is Kim Junmyeon.
    Events Team Bunny Kingdom

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (EXODUS M)Suho (Love Me RIght M)Suho (Lucky One)Suho (Love Me Right K)Suho (Sing For You)Suho (EXODUS K)Suho (For Life B)Suho (Monster)
    if you're concerned about this within the context of the RTT, wouldn't this issue basically disappear with the new rule about having long conversations in the thread? i don't think people are gonna go out of their way to argue with others about other groups imo. i feel like most of the conversation would be like "i love this song [youtube link]" and then another person quotes them and goes "i love this song too!" and that's like...it lmao

19. kevin

kevin EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    it go down down baby

20. B-loved

Baektopia

Baek-thirst promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    you mean that we shouldn't hold this discussion here but one on one where no one can join in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.