Announcement "RTT" Alternatives

Discussion in 'Rules & Announcements' started by soopengi, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lulakun

Lulakun Chanbaek Queen <3
    Yeorabia

Thirst Enthusiast
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Baekhyun's SignatureChanyeol's SignatureFreal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)
    Only weekends!!!!! I work weekends

dandylions, PrideInBaek and hela like this.
  2. yeolchens

yeolchens Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #62 yeolchens, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Lol, when someone brought up the whole staff not being active... why does it feel like the community is being punished by this rather minor detail. If the staff don't talk to us why would they know it works or not.
    But I'm for the forum chat box. I never liked discord chat boxes since they felt third party.

If anything I'm more interested in more label tags to even figure out the main exo threads. Something so I know what I'm opening up, old forums used to have [NEWS] [PHOTOS] [ETC] [GAME] for regular users and were allowed up if quietly approved by a staff

3. ℓayxings

ℓayxings Aeri
    Xingpire Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Lose Control (Lay)EX'ACTXOXOEXODUS
    Hmm what?

Also what’s up with all the exclamation marks?

4. .Super.

.Super. Jedi

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    That’s me^
    [​IMG]

Ok from my experience DISCORD IS SHIT !!

Why don’t we make a chat thread ?? is it against the rules or smth ??

5. playboykai

playboykai Tech Administrator
    Tech Administrator

meme
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureXiumin's SignatureLay's SignatureBaekhyun's SignatureChen's SignatureChanyeol's SignatureKai's SignatureSehun's Signature
    we can implement more prefixes.

but this message made me furious, even more so than when AV was called a police state. THIS IS A FORUM. YOU ARE NOT BEING OPPRESSED OR PUNISHED. WE ACTUALLY ASKED SOME USERS IN LINE CHAT IF THEY WERE OKAY WITH IT AND THEY SAID YES. the staff on this site are incredibly active compared to other forums and literally all we're trying to do is make AV a better place that's fun for users.

"oh my god, really, jackie? the staff make all their decisions after lots of deliberation because they want to improve the site?" YES.

there is no punishment going on here and clearly the staff are communicating with you right now and attempting to fix the situation. WE ARE NOT BANNING USERS FROM CHATTING. you can have conversations in the exo main threads about the main focus of this site: exo, and make plenty of friends that way. we also will likely be implementing another RTT and a chatbox so that y'all can communicate. the random thoughts thread just got way out of hand and you can read the staff posts about it and share your thoughts in a less redundant, less disrespectful way.

TLDR: the rest of the staff and i are fed up with the blatant rudeness, disrespect, and complete disregard to informational staff posts (y'all continue to ask questions that were already answered). this is absolutely ridiculous and needs to stop. we have heard your feedback; it's incredibly hard to find a solution when y'all are stirring up such a mess.

if you're sick of all this discourse because the RTT and not exo are the reason you stay for this site, you can go to OH and experience what a real police state forum is like.

and no, we're not going to shut down any more threads. stop being dramatic.

6. Junmyeoning.jpg

Junmyeoning.jpg This is Kim Junmyeon.
    Events Team Bunny Kingdom

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (EXODUS M)Suho (Love Me RIght M)Suho (Lucky One)Suho (Love Me Right K)Suho (Sing For You)Suho (EXODUS K)Suho (For Life B)Suho (Monster)
    i'm just asking, are you enjoying my posts in here?

and i was just being a meme...
    this is OT so you don't have to answer i guess but what do you guys talk about in the line chat, am i missing much?

hela, our hyuneemoon and exocℓipse like this.
  7. yeolchens

yeolchens Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    You've got every right to be mad if that's how you see it, but if it's a change that has a good handful of people going: when did that happen? Then it's a matter of miscommunication with a good handful of those people. There was no yellow light, there was no open opinions forums with users until now. It was already decided out of the blue for us. So, some of us will be bothered. We feel blindsided.

As you say you have the power to do as you please as staff, all we can do is make our thoughts known. So, heck yeah I'm going to let them be known. I can't change your minds. That's what discussions can be. We don't have to agree at all, but I'll use the forum as I feel. I'm not obligated, but I do like it here.

hela, our hyuneemoon and exocℓipse like this.
  8. hela

hela Aeri

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #68 hela, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    I apologized for that already and it was a sincere apology. Again then: I'm sorry. It was just a figure of speech.

I know I tend to sound like an asshole on the internet, but please know this: it was not meant as an attack.
    Still, I think I did make some valid points and it's sad you decided to remember the one stupid choice of words.

dandylions, B-loved and exocℓipse like this.
  9. munaka

munaka 엑소
    Administrator Dyonation

EXO Supremacist™
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    As mentioned in the OP and the thread, they are many reasons we are rebooting the RTT. Mainly;
    - Encourage users to post in other threads of the forum.
    - Allow users to post freely in the random thoughts thread without feeling like they are intruding in a private conversation.

The new RTT will be the same except it’ll not permit long conversations. If you simply wanna reply to someone’s post and see what they say back, it’s still fine. However, having conversations that span pages and pages is something that will no longer be allowed.

For those who break the rule, a warning will be issued and possible temporary ban from the thread. Once the new RTT will be posted, all the details regarding its rules will be available on the OP.

As per the suggestions given here, we will not make a discord chat. Now for the chat box, we will be looking into that feature soon.

I’ll be locking this thread now since most questions have been answered and I think our intentions are pretty clear as they have been explained numerous times. If you have any more inquires just ask in the mod thread or PM one of the admins.

We are all trying our best here to make this into the best EXO-L community that everyone can be comfortable in.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.