The Official Translation Request Thread

Discussion in 'Aeriverse Translations' started by munaka, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Sℓayeoℓ

Sℓayeoℓ Events Team
    Events Team

crying uni student
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    EX'ACTEXODUSXOXOGrowlLove Me RightLottoMAMA (EXO-K)Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)
    Hey guys I was wondering if you could translate any netizen responses to EXO being #1 on gaon and the whole 700k downloads thing. I want to kno if knetz also think it's "suspicious" like some ifans do or if they have an explanation for why the numbers are so high

B-loved likes this.
  2. dyopenguin

dyopenguin Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Miracles in December (Korean Ver.)Sing For YouTell Me (What Is Love) (D.O. x Yoo Young Jin)Take You Home (Baekhyun)For LifeEX'ACTEXODUSGrowl
  3. Junmyeoning.jpg

Junmyeoning.jpg This is Kim Junmyeon.

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    #163 Junmyeoning.jpg, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    idk if you guys are still checking this thread but i wish i could be able to read the comments under suho's performance on party people, the top comment is reaching 3k upvotes soon and it looks like he got a really good response /cry/cry/cry http://tv.naver.com/v/2127849

4. 38Sr

38Sr Official SM Certified EXO Fanartist
    Translator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hello and sorry for the long wait! Your request can be found here!/happyxiu

Junmyeoning.jpg likes this.
  5. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    thanks for the hard work!

6. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    Siros and B-loved like this.
  7. 38Sr

Translator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hello! Sorry for the long wait! This Twitter post is about the popularity of SuhoRang, the mascot for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympics.

1st Picture: These are PyeongChnag's mascots, SuhoRang and BanDabi. Between the two, one good is completely sold out.
    2nd Picture: It's this character, SuhoRang! Because EXO Suho shares the same name, it's said that the product sells well (t/n: it's become an EXO fan good haha)
    I wasn't going to buy SuhoRang earrings until I heard 2 employees speaking,
    -Doesn't SuhoRang have the same name as EXO Suho?
    -AH!
    -If so, then only this will go out!
    -Ah!!! (t/n: these two people were discussing how the dolls will sell out quickly because fans will notice)

3rd + 4th picture: Suho(EXO) with SuhoRang

t/n: this is a play on words because "and/with" in Korean is 랑. Therefore, fans have come up with the phrase 수호랑 수호랑
    (Suho with SuhoRang)

8. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    omg you're so fast! thank you /cry if it's not too much trouble, could you translate some of the comments on the article too?

B-loved likes this.
  9. 38Sr

Translator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    It's no problem at all! Right now, I made a thread here but I'll keep adding comments tomorrow since there are a lot/laylaugh

Junmyeoning.jpg and B-loved like this.
  10. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    i saw it, thank you so much for your work!

11. Chanhunbff

Chanhunbff Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
  12. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    could someone translate this meme for me lol

[​IMG]

one of suho's fansites posted it

13. 38Sr

Translator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hello and sorry for the delayed response! OP posted a meme that's pretty popular on Korean SNS.

Translation:

(Twitter post) Junmyeon-a let's cheer up today too! ٩(•̀ᴗ•́ )و

(Top of picture)With the start of the day...
    Ah, I'm so tired... but I can see you again today so thank you... (t/n: 개 is often used to express strong feelings like how we use so, very much, super in English. This is not to be confused with 존 which means f**king. So 개피곤해 means I'm so tired or very tired)

Junmyeoning.jpg likes this.
  14. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    aww this is so cute. thanks :)

38Sr likes this.
  15. Hunibaby

Hunibaby Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Could you please translate the Sehun part of this face reading fortune telling about his career in 2018 thank you so much^^ http://naver.me/59EVNI6u

soopengi likes this.
  16. 38Sr

Translator

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hello and sorry for the late response! I wanted to make sure this request was translated as accurately as possible since fortune telling always entails for strange metaphors and words that don't have an English equivalent.

2018 is the year of the dog so the articles is mainly focusing on the top 3 idol groups that are presumed to have great succes (which includes EXO!) Sehun is 94-liner so he's a dog lol.

[TRANSLATION]
    EXO Sehun’s Fortune: Advancing as Hollywood actor, moving towards dream head on

Forehead•(Eye)Brow: Sehun posses an intuitive and logical thought process since he has a long, angular forehead. Many tall people have this common feature, they think deeply about things while not showing emotions in their facial expressions. He is a man with his own ideas and beliefs. In addition, refined and elongated brow shape is considered as a sign of prestige and youth. However, the front of the brow, which has a narrow gap in between, should be trimmed regularly to maintain good luck.

Eyes•Nose•Lips His eyes are similar to a lion (t/n: in this sentence the writer also states Sehun has sanpaku eyes; certain eye shapes can be used as from of fortune telling and is very similar to how we zodiacs to understand personalities). His words are very controlled and limited, thus his actions speak for himself. With that, his ambition and tenacity are strong. His nose is high and prominent (t/n: meaning wide), but to many it has a rare image (t/n: meaning that other Asians will think it looks different). With this nose along with clothes and fashion, he will enjoy much splendor and wealth. His lips has five defined points (t/n: corners, bottom lip and top of cupid’s bow). It’s small but when opened it’s big and filled with a lot of luck (t/n: sounds very weird in English but Sehun’s lips hold a lot of luck basically). Sehun’s lips including his five senses (t/n: hearing, sight, taste, smell and touch) all look good. He has a gentle yet very lucky life.

2018 Fortune: Around (Lunar) New Year’s Day, Sehun’s casting from dramas and movies will come. Usually, this fate results in facing legal issues (t/n: this could mean contract issues, cancellation or even postponement of broadcast) but this role is meant to help bring success and harmony from January to March. Although it may seem like bad energy, agreeing to play roles like a lawyer, doctor, policeman or criminal can bring great fortunes in your lifetime. Property investment with family or acquaintances are not advised between the months of April and June since he possesses a cautious and taciturn charisma. He will have a numerous great opportunities in luxury brands and airline models (t/n: as in for advertisement). Compared to the Four Pillars fortune, it can be said that he is one the most famous celebrities who possess a great character. (t/n: Four Pillars is another form of fortunetelling in Chinese astrology where a person’s destiny is determined by the year, month, day and hour of birth). It looks like he will receive love calls (t/n: casting requests) from Hollywood in the near future. Surely, it would be great if chooses a film or drama.

soopengi and Hunibaby like this.
  17. Hunibaby

Hunibaby Casual Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    #177 Hunibaby, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Thank you so much!

soopengi likes this.
  18. Gliese

Gliese Aeri

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hi guys I'm not sure if this is an appropriate request but could anyone do a rough trans for this series of fanart? No need to be too detailed down to every speech bubble, I just want to know the context of what's going on /chensweat

Those hyperlinks contain the full post I think? I want to cry it's so cute I don't understand a single thing but still cute /laycri

Junmyeoning.jpg and Cherilane like this.
  19. Junmyeoning.jpg

Student xD
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Suho (Monster)
    howdy, could someone translate these two short blurbs

i'm pretty sure they're fanaccs from suho's musical and i'd love to read them /singletear

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thank you /sparkleheart