THREAD FOR FANFICTION WRITERS/READERS

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by yixing, Dec 14, 2016.

1. zaki

zaki Graphics Team
    Graphics Team

minseok hypeman
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    What a great idea for a thread!!^^

/dancelay

I wanted to ask all other authors, do you ever have reservations or insecurities about joining fic fests? I've considered joining before but never went through with it. I'm not sure what's stopping me...just a vague sense of, 'I don't like being put on a deadline when it comes to creative writing' or something like that. And, of course, probably the most common thought...'My writing isn't good enough'.

Myeon_Carrot likes this.
  2. Aeriverse

Aeriverse EXO-CBX's Japanese Promoter
    Donor

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Hi, fellow author here. I've done one fic fest so I am not the most qualified person but I've been in your position before. The only reason I've joined one Ian because I didn't really understand the rules. Idk. But working on a deadline does take some getting used to. The best way to get things done on a deadline is breaking it up into chunks. Make a schedule of how long you're going to spend on your outline, how many drafts your going to do before the final, how long you're going to take to edit, and when you're going to submit your work. Breaking your work up and using a set schedule helps me figure out exactly what I need to do to get it done by X date.

I'll write a more detailed post about what I mean a little bit later but for right now this is all my brain can get out right now. Sorry if it's confusing and not much help, I'll explain what I do and what I recommend later.

xiuchenℓaydo likes this.
  3. yeolchens

yeolchens Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Oho, I'm a newbie exo writer. I can't seem to write for any other fandom whenever I try. I don't have much out there so I'm not gonna link or anything.

It's just so cool to see where everyone is coming from. I'll have to check out some of your works

4. tinybbh

tinybbh Aeri

xiubaek biased
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Love Me RightHey Mama! (EXO-CBX)Xiumin's SignatureBaekhyun's Signature
    hii! im artfulbee on wattpad (everyone seems to use that other site idk what its called and i feel like one of the few writers who still use wattpad lol. but i just like it better and i like creating covers)

i typically write xiuchen and usually short stories since i can't be bothered to write really long stories and i find myself to be more motivated when i write shorter stories. and i usually write angst, fluff or horror (and like reading those genres as well!)

same! i joined a fic fest once and i found it hard for me to write within a deadline. and also i feel insecure about my writing too ha

5. Myeon_Carrot

Myeon_Carrot PokéMyeon Master

Loyal Bunny Citizen
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    LottoStarlight (Suho x Remi)Suho's SignatureCurtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)
    When I read the fics submitted in fic fests, it never considered to me to actually participate in one. Then when I was checking out the ongoing fests and saw that the claiming period in the Kyungmyeon fest was still open, I never gave a second thought and just joined lol. Well I guess I agree that I do feel some insecurities not just when joining fic fests but in writing in general but I'm already over them by now cos I would like to share my own stories with the world and contribute to the fandom as well. There's just that thought like what if your writing touch the lives of others. Even if it's just one person. Like you may think your writing is not good or meh but when you publish it and find out that there are people who say they love it, it just warms your heart and inspires you to work harder and write more. At least that's how I look at it.

About the pressure of deadlines, I sorta like it cos I'm a pretty lazy writer so I feel a deadline actually force me to actually get my butt off and plan out the story and actually get down to writing. And in real life, there are always deadlines to doing something so in a way, fic fests train you in self-discipline.

I think you can try joining one fic fest. Or maybe a fanfic contest hosted in AV. And experience the thrill yourself and see whether you like it. I'm sure a lot of people would love to read your stories! ^^

Aeriverse likes this.
  6. Hajar하정

Hajar하정 Casual Fan

Looking for Job
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
  7. Baeked&Yeoled

Baeked&Yeoled Casual Fan

Lovin the size
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I write from time to time on AFF. Mostly Chanbaek tho. But I read a lot. So feel free to share with me or if you ever want to co-author, then hit me up.

8. xDreamInfinitelyx

xDreamInfinitelyx Casual Fan

Good question
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I use Wattpad too! I'm xDreamInfinitelyx! It's nice to find someone who uses Wattpad :)

I've been writing fanfics for a while now, I really enjoy EXO x OC fanfics, mainly romance/mystery but I do like to try other genres sometimes. This is such an awesome thread!

9. Baeked&Yeoled

Baeked&Yeoled Casual Fan

Lovin the size
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    If anyone is a thirsty hoe for Chanbaek hit me up we can talk or collab even for drabbles doesn't have to be a complete ff I just like creating moments of these two together

Msg me here or on twt @BaekedandYeoled or AFF @Hema_N