What's your favorite anime?

Discussion in 'Movies, Dramas & TV Shows' started by kairo, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Myeon_Carrot

Myeon_Carrot PokéMyeon Master

Loyal Bunny Citizen
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    LottoStarlight (Suho x Remi)Suho's SignatureCurtain (Suho x Song Young Joo)
    You brought my hopes up for nothing /laycri
    (haha kidding ^^)

Ah I dropped those way way back then like 6-8 years ago cos I couldn't find a good website to watch them from so I got really impatient lol. I really love those three anime that you mentioned! I just saw my personal note for xxholic and I'm shocked by how harsh I sounded /chensweat I'm totally different now compared to who I was back then. I might consider watching them again some time in the future ^^

But I love slice of life haha there's this show called Daily Lives of High Sch Boys and I'm quite interested to watch it. What are your fav genres?

I haven't watched either of them so I can't comment /chensweat

@xiuchenℓaydo might have something to say though

And all opinions are welcomed here, whether they are popular or unpopular (as long as they're expressed in a non-aggressive manner lol) /chenheart

hela likes this.
  2. hela

hela EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    OHHH YESSS i remember that daily lives of high school boys was hilarious!

umm idk. i just watched what was airing. then a few other shows. just anything i liked to fill out time. i like slice of life too. nowadays i like anime that have a 'calm' feeling. i really liked the film koe no katachi.
    have you seen it?
    wait 6-8 years ago? they cant be that old. oh just xxxholic is. time flies. i don't remember the MC's name but i remember doumeki LOL

thanks /happyxiu

3. our hyuneemoon

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    hmmmmm. i'd probably have to go with tokiya and masato?

oh my god lol! kiba was your first anime crush! that's cute, really. i had no idea that was who voiced him. then again, it's a been a long time since i've heard it, anyway. /legendarybaek

Nightshade/百花百狼. /baeknod

/sehunchoke

true, he does.

4. baldkyungsoo

baldkyungsoo Casual Fan

shaving kyungsoo's head.
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    revolutionary girl utena is always a fave.
    but I like that dumb zombie magical girl anime too.
    (kore wa zombie desu ka?) ★

5. kevin

kevin EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
  6. Myeon_Carrot

Loyal Bunny Citizen
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Story of your life, isn’t it

7. xiuchenℓaydo

xiuchenℓaydo Nugu Floppy Bird
    Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureLay (Monster)LottoLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Tao's SignatureMonodrama (Lay)For LifeThe Road (Z.Tao)
    YESSSS OMG THIS IS FACT AND IM NOT LYING
    The popularity of Your Name was unwanted tbh, his older projects are definitely better. When I finished I'm like... that's it? /shookyeol the plot has potential but it wasn't done as well as his other ones despite having a longer duration.
    The Garden of Words is a true masterpiece tho /cryexol I watched it so many times

Was it good? /baeknod

our hyuneemoon and hela like this.
  8. hela

hela EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    A FELLOW INTELLECTUAL!!!!!!!!

the only good thing about your name was kamiki ryonosuke as a voice actor. i love that dude omg.
    i watched every film that shinkai directed because i'm a sucker for melancholic stories? like byosoku 5 cm that's just one a of a kind film.
    garden of words was just so beautiful. i think people saw it too much as a teacher x student romance when that was not the main focus at all. if there were hints of romance, only towards the end and tbh i don't think it was supposed to have any development. just two people who met at the same place, both mentally and physically to comfort each other.

your name on the other hand screamed typical rom-com. gender switch? check. boob grabbing? check. high school students aving the world? check. OMG. it could NOT have been more cliche. i was just disappointed to be honest. well but they definitely made a bank with that film so at least it's something. i just hope he knows that as far as art goes, it was kind of bad.

xiuchenℓaydo likes this.
  9. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    D.O.'s SignatureLay (Monster)LottoLove Me Right ~Romantic Universe~Tao's SignatureMonodrama (Lay)For LifeThe Road (Z.Tao)
    /wtfsehun yes finally someone gets how Byosoku 5 cm. Most of the people who watched it told me they didn’t get the point of the movie and I was like /taocri it’s a beautiful movie tbh.
    I think I’m still missing one of the ones he did but I don’t remember which one. The others are supernatural so they’re not my absolute favourite, but Hoshi no Ou Kodomo gave me a strong impression.
    I can’t say this any better /taocri preach this.
    OMGGG I recall he actually did? He said it wasn’t his best work and asked people to stop watching it too. When I read the news I end up feeling happy lol at least he knows what’s up.
    I think it’s legit because there was multiple sources and even in my language: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...or-of-your-name-asks-people-to-stop-seeing-it

hela likes this.
  10. our hyuneemoon

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Yes! In fact, it might be my favorite otome game? Maybe... I flipflop between that and Amnesia: Memories lmao.

Myeon_Carrot likes this.
  11. xiuchenℓaydo

Awards Team

Aeriverse's #1 Stalker
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    /wtfsehun you made me curious now. I mean I don’t like historical much compared to slice of life (Amnesia) so it may make a difference but like, it’s a possibility that I will like it as well xD
    So many things on my birthday wishlist this year lol

Myeon_Carrot and our hyuneemoon like this.
  12. our hyuneemoon

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I'm actually kinda indifferent when it comes to the historical Japan type settings in otome games myself, but this one got me!

Myeon_Carrot and xiuchenℓaydo like this.
  13. Myeon_Carrot

Loyal Bunny Citizen
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Sorry I can’t help but butting in :oops:
    If you’re indifferent towards the historical genre, then what made you try out the Nightshade game?

our hyuneemoon likes this.
  14. our hyuneemoon

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    No worries! /blowakiss
    Well, it's not everyday you see an otome game release on Steam, so news of that itself was enough to make me go "hmm" and then, I saw how nice the art looked and how nice of quality in general it appeared to be, and all the encouragement from people who had had the opportunity to play the original Japanese version for PS Vita. Upon its release, they also had it discounted for like, its first week? So, I was just willing to take a risk. May not be my favorite type of setting, but I ended up really enjoying a lot of other aspects of it!

Myeon_Carrot likes this.
  15. hela

hela EXO-L

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    omg thanks for linking that article i had no idea he actually wasn't satisfied with the film
    but still
    /deathstarexiu

i suddenly wan to re-watch 5cm. i don't know, to me it has that .. feeling i only find in japanese works, mostly books though not really in anime. like nothing really happens but somehow it's so.. moving.

have you seen koe no katachi? that's the movie that should have blown up like kimi no na wa did.

16. yeolchens

yeolchens Dedicated Fan

Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    I'm gonna have to say it's hunter x hunter, all time. Currently... mm it was last year but Yuri on Ice still wins.

17. goldenteaegg

goldenteaegg Casual Fan

Z.Tao Promoter
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    The first anime I ever watched from start to finish was Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's still one of my all time faves even though I finished watching it ages ago. Trigun is good too if you're into shonen/seinen series.

Gliese and Lulakun like this.
  18. Hyunee_ryong

Hyunee_ryong Casual Fan

I am mongryong's step mom
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    OMG i lovee my little monster. they are the cutest

19. Hyunee_ryong

Hyunee_ryong Casual Fan

I am mongryong's step mom
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    kuroshitsuji
    ao haru ride
    my little monster
    kamisama kiss
    well there are more but i forgot some of them :/
    --- Post merged---
    AND DONT FORGET FAIRY TAIL

20. Lulakun

Lulakun Chanbaek Queen <3

Thirst Enthusiast
    Chogi₩ons:
    Lotto Coins:
    Beautiful (Baekhyun)Dream (Baekhyun x Suzy)Stay With Me (Chanyeol x Punch)The Day (Baekhyun x K.Will)Baekhyun's SignatureChanyeol's SignatureFreal Luv (FEM x Marshmello ft Chanyeol & Tinashe)Rain (Baekhyun x Soyou)
    Haru Is such a babe /kaicute/kaicute/kaicute/kaicute
    --- Post merged---
    nothing will ever beat fma brotherhood for me..... its so iconic.. i have it on dvd and rewatch it occasionally.. i feel like its just the perfect mix of genres....

Gliese likes this.